Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

chocolate. Chocolate. CHOCOLATE!!!

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
I bought my father & I a pair of 1 pound hershey chocolate bars at Speedway of all places! They also had a 5 pound bar!
A 5 pound bar? :eeek:
On occasion I drink a Swiss Miss Double Chocolate Hot Cocoa, but I put Bailey's in it. :)
Since it will be 34 tomorrow night, I'll probably drink that instead of wine.

danofarlington

My Mail is Forwarded Here
The best chocolate dessert I ever had was at an elegant but now-extinct French restaurant in Washington, D.C. called Le Lion D'or. It was a chocolate souffle, which had to be ordered with the rest of the food, so the kitchen had time to make it. Sure wish I knew where to get another one like that.

flat-top

Just tried this:

180636635025513843_aSU43tYr_c.jpg

flat-top

Your local supermarket probably has it in a Mike's Hard Holiday 12 pack. Ironically I'm drinking another flavor from that pack right now called Winter Blackberry. Yum.

HepKitty

One Too Many
Truffles!!!

Greetings chocoholics!

My kids made truffles this weekend. My son wanted lemon dark chocolate and my daughter wanted lime green tea white chocolate. They did a great job and had a lot of fun (though I did most of the work :D)

Truffle filling:

8 oz chocolate chips (I used Ghiradelli for everything here)
1/2 c heavy whipping cream
extract of choice
about 1 tsp green tea powder for the white chocolate ones

Heat cream until not quite boiling, remove from heat and stir in the rest. Chill overnight

Shape into balls, using powdered sugar to keep truffles from sticking. Chill for an hour

Just an fyi, I don't know if it was the white chocolate itself but these never did set very well, but they sort of worked. Should probably use the bar chocolate, huh? Anyway, they're delish!

And now for the coating:

8 oz bar chocolate
2 tsp peanut oil (I used coconut oil)

Melt over very low heat, dip truffles, set out on parchment. Chill for an hour.

Enjoy!

(Edited to stop annoying people with my laziness of not using capital letters where I should)

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leatherpatch