Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Choose my Next Jacket: Brown Mulholland vs. Olive Journeyman

Which jacket do you think I should get?

• Brown Mulholland

• Olive Journeyman

Results are only viewable after voting.

LeFonque

One of the Regulars
IMO, I may have gone with the Mulholland in the brown if it had the same hue as the Caboose. I am also not a great fan of the zip pockets. Having said that I do not use the pockets on my Mulholland.

Dr H

Call Me a Cab
The thing I will say about the FW Car coat, because I own one, is that the length and solid panels really make the leather stand out when you are wearing it. It just feels like you are draped in Shinki.

Agree with you here, I no longer wear shorter jackets. The drape of the Journeyman in deerskin is even more comfortable and wearable than the corresponding horsehide.

willyto

One Too Many
I favor the Journeyman but then I love buttoned jackets and earlier leather jackets style. Also you already have zipped jackets.

The cotton example you shared looks good on you and it's different than what you already have. On another note, I live in a place which doesn't see wear of leather jackets from march up to maybe late october. My advice is to not hoard them, you won't get wear out of them and you won't enjoy them.

dudewuttheheck

I'll Lock Up
The thing I will say about the FW Car coat, because I own one, is that the length and solid panels really make the leather stand out when you are wearing it. It just feels like you are draped in Shinki.
That's a strong case for the Journeyman!

Agree with you here, I no longer wear shorter jackets. The drape of the Journeyman in deerskin is even more comfortable and wearable than the corresponding horsehide.
Having the deerskin sunset definitely has me loving the drape of deerskin. I tend to prefer shorter jackets, but it might be nice to have a longer one.

I favor the Journeyman but then I love buttoned jackets and earlier leather jackets style. Also you already have zipped jackets.

The cotton example you shared looks good on you and it's different than what you already have. On another note, I live in a place which doesn't see wear of leather jackets from march up to maybe late october. My advice is to not hoard them, you won't get wear out of them and you won't enjoy them.
Yeah I have concern about the fit of the Journeyman, but then when the similarly proportioned cotton jacket fits me well (IMO) I think it might work out quite well. I can wear jackets during the day from late October through early June and in the morning and evening beyond that so they actually get a lot of use.

Being able to pull the car coat look takes a certain amount of steez that not everyone has. It's probably safer to go with the Mulholland.
True. I may have used up all my swag with my Himel grizzly... or maybe the grizzly has powered me up to be able to wear the Journeyman :D

True. I may have used up all my swag with my Himel grizzly... or maybe the grizzly has powered me up to be able to wear the Journeyman
Nah man car coat is literally the safest and most benign style you can wear. It’s nothing anyone would even glance at twice tbh. Just a leather coat type affair. That’s probably the appeal as it can be worn with almost anything.

I don’t care for the cut of the journeyman from what I’ve seen. It’s entirely too bell shaped. Narrow shoulders and wide flare from the waist down past the hip.
If you are dead set on another FW, between the two, the Mulholland is the absolute and only choice.

How about a Four Corners?
72421FF2-01E9-462F-A0DF-9325351F23B5.jpeg

Colin G

One Too Many
I really like the olive Journeyman. I wanted that used one that was for sale here a short while back but just didn't have the cash for it at the time or I'd own it right now.

I really like the Freewheelers Four Corners jacket posted above also.

dudewuttheheck

I'll Lock Up
Nah man car coat is literally the safest and most benign style you can wear. It’s nothing anyone would even glance at twice tbh. Just a leather coat type affair. That’s probably the appeal as it can be worn with almost anything.

I don’t care for the cut of the journeyman from what I’ve seen. It’s entirely too bell shaped. Narrow shoulders and wide flare from the waist down past the hip.
If you are dead set on another FW, between the two, the Mulholland is the absolute and only choice.

Yeah, I am set on Freewheelers because if I had the money, these would be the next two jackets I would buy. After that, I'd probably try to get Aero to make a Hooch Hauler in Badalassi.

How about a Four Corners?
View attachment 172047

Here it is in brown:
View attachment 172053
I think the chest pocket and slash handwarmers take away from the hip emphasis of the Journeyman with the cargo pockets down low.

I really like the olive Journeyman. I wanted that used one that was for sale here a short while back but just didn't have the cash for it at the time or I'd own it right now.

I really like the Freewheelers Four Corners jacket posted above also.

I do like the Four Corners jacket, but I much prefer it in black and 1) I really don't need another black jacket and 2) I can't find the Four Corners in stock in my size anywhere and I do not think it is coming back any time soon. They haven't made it in years.

dudewuttheheck

I'll Lock Up
Four Corners was re-stocked on April 25th :)...according to their IG.
On the Desolation Row page? Man, I am not paying attention. I have been looking at the retailers instead...

Just checked. I do see the black one, but did they restock the brown one too?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ