Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Choose my Next Jacket: Brown Mulholland vs. Olive Journeyman

Which jacket do you think I should get?

• Brown Mulholland

• Olive Journeyman

Results are only viewable after voting.

jeo

One Too Many
I feel like it's a jacket that looks better in pictures than actually on people.

Yup, I've seldom seen the Journeyman actually look good on people, but they sure do look good in pictures. I personally like both the Brakeman and Switchyard over the Journeyman. They seem to look better on people from the pictures I've seen.

I’m not confident the Journeyman will work for you and your body dimensions. I think that cut is better for a taller, leaner frame.

Agreed.

...Like I said, this is the most torn I have been in quite some time. I would not bother you all if I didn't need the help :)

I totally get where you're coming from. I'm sure you want to switch up your style a bit with a more vintage looking coat. If I were you and was looking into getting a car coat style, I would go with the Canuck. IMO it's a better design and cut than all the FW coats and you know the materials and construction will be top notch and most importantly, you get custom measurements and details.

If these are the only two you're considering, my vote would be for the Mulholland.

dudewuttheheck

I'll Lock Up
Definitely seeing more votes for the Mulholland and I think I am leaning that direction. Thanks for the input everyone!

@jeo I agree with you about the Brakeman, but I don't love the design as much and between a brown Mulholland and a Brakeman, I know I would choose the Mulholland.

Yep...same for me for each photo. Pics no longer exist.

LVjCc2j.jpg

DWTH, this is unsolicited and totally not germane to your question...but. You have the FW locked down already. Why not branch out to another style/maker? With the black FW you’ve already reached the pinnacle of this style. I’m not preaching and I’ve done exactly what you are doing now. I totally get it. Just thinking you may find greater satisfaction in something totally different.

I can’t help but think there is something in the Thedi catalog that would work so well for you. Just a thought. For me, when I’ve bought the same jacket, in the same style but a different color...it’s caused me some jacket angst. Just my two cents.

dudewuttheheck

I'll Lock Up
DWTH, this is unsolicited and totally not germane to your question...but. You have the FW locked down already. Why not branch out to another style/maker? With the black FW you’ve already reached the pinnacle of this style. I’m not preaching and I’ve done exactly what you are doing now. I totally get it. Just thinking you may find greater satisfaction in something totally different.

I can’t help but think there is something in the Thedi catalog that would work so well for you. Just a thought. For me, when I’ve bought the same jacket, in the same style but a different color...it’s caused me some jacket angst. Just my two cents.
You aren't wrong and I appreciate your honesty. I have thought about this too and will continue to do so. There are probably a lot of jackets in the Thedi category that would work for me :)

I'll do another round of searching for other brands, but I have to admit that Freewheelers designs appeal to me the most.

dudewuttheheck

I'll Lock Up
Tony makes a good point. Look around. Seems you have made great choices in the past.

He does. I do wish there were more options in Badalassi. I've wanted that leather for a very long time, even with my Shinki fanboyism.

At the same time, I would want that Badalassi on a Freewheelers design :D

Last edited:
The Badalassi is interesting. So is Thedi's washed buffalo. Quite different than other makers leathers. The bees wax application gives the finish a nice crisp feel. The way the fit is formed the jacket just falls into place when slipping it on. Unique. Now I'll probably catch hell for being too Thedi enthusiastic.....

dudewuttheheck

I'll Lock Up
The Badalassi is interesting. So is Thedi's washed buffalo. Quite different than other makers leathers. The bees wax application gives the finish a nice crisp feel. The way the fit is formed the jacket just falls into place when slipping it on. Unique. Now I'll probably catch hell for being too Thedi enthusiastic.....
I do really love the leather on your Thedi button up jacket. It looks beautiful. I very well take a few more days to think about this more intently. Whichever choice I make, I definitely love Thedi's jackets.

Last edited:

LeFonque

One of the Regulars
I have a “Journeyman” winging its way as we speak. I had not seen this thread. I like both the Mulholland and the Journeyman. I went with the Journeyman because for me I think I can wear this jacket in a more formal setting. Time will tell. As for you Jake I think a brown Mulholland will look the deal.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112