Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Christmas Gifts for your Fella

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
Madison Paige said:
My favorite thing to do for wrapping gift certificates and things of the sort, is to put the gift certificate in an envelope, then get a BIG box with lots of colorful tissue paper to fill it, and THEN put the envelope on top of all the tissue paper in the box, and wrap the box up beautifully! Then they actually can unwrap something, rather then just opening a meesly little envelope.

This is indeed a fun way to do it, but in a season already filled with waste from paper, trees, and various types of packaging, I would encourage you to consider the environmentally friendly option.

thebadmamajama

Practically Family
i *think* i'm going to get him a subscription to "fine woodworking" since he's amazing at building stuff but is always looking for new ideas...is this lame? I have no perspective because "fine woodworking" is probably the most intimidating non-me thing ever :p

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
Here is a picture of the attach?© case I got my fella -

attache.jpg

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
thebadmamajama said:
i *think* i'm going to get him a subscription to "fine woodworking" since he's amazing at building stuff but is always looking for new ideas...is this lame? I have no perspective because "fine woodworking" is probably the most intimidating non-me thing ever :p

Fine Woodworking is a top notch magazine (all of the Taunton publications are great in my opinion) and a great idea generator. I'd think he'd be really happy with that gift.

KittyT--Ooooh! Love that bag!

ssubialdea

One of the Regulars
I second the fine woodworking, my guy loves that magazine and gets grumpy when it doesn't come in. They also have an online subscription where you can view demo videos and other exclusive stuff on their website

texasgirl

One Too Many
Thanks again BonnieJean!!!!

I commissioned our very own BonnieJean to make a sign for my husband. I couldn't post earlier in case he read this thread, but I just wanted to share it with everyone. It came out fantastic! Little Bohemia was a lodge where Dillinger had a shootout.

Here's the original sign
littlebohemiabigger.jpg

And BonnieJean's creation
lilbohemia.jpg

Tenuki

One of the Regulars
I hope it's kosher to resurrect an old, yet timely thread. I'm struggling with gift ideas for my fella, also a fellow Lounger on line more often than I, so I can't post my query in the men's section. I could, but then he'd be clued in to my cunning plan.

Which isn't cunning at all, as I have no plan.

I'm hoping to generate some brainstorming from the ladies. He's got a dop kit. He's not a woodworker. Buying clothes is hit or miss at best since he's a big & tall fella. He's got a bounty of hats plus he's a common size, so cool hats get snapped up fast.

My fave gift idea is the vintage girlie mags. Any other suggestions?

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
If he's into the retro bowling shirts, many companies have added big and tall sizes in the last couple years.

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
I always get my husband a shirt for special occasions and just shopped amazon today for them. Just put in "men's retro bowling shirt 2X" (or whatever size) in the search and you'll get lots of results. I was surprised to see how many larger shirts there are now.

Grant Fan

Practically Family
I am spoiling the boy this year. He is coming home from being stationed in Japan for 3 years in February, and there is an old military tradition that you leave you Christmas decorations up until your loved one comes home (thank goodness this is the first time I have decorated for Christmas) Anyway I have already bought him a great gray sweater, and two polo shirts, then I got him The Pacific, and a civil war DVD set he wanted along with 5 books. Like I said I am spoiling him.

moonmatrix

Familiar Face
I found a vintage "drop kit, no parts missing, a tie bar and cuff links w/ trains on them still in original gift box, vintage and set today for him. A dress shirt that I am getting him a zip up sweater for and a pair of casual winter boots he so needs. I also found hima vintage fifties wool over coat that he got early because I didn't know if it would fit him. May pick up a few more things because I am spending next to nothing on what I am finding. Oh I also found him a few vintage hollywood Movie star books.

Tenuki

One of the Regulars
Great gifts, Grant Fan and moonmatrix...

I was veering away from cuff links and ties, but cool vintage items would be nice.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo