Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Christmas Hat Gallery

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
This is all that plus tax. A fantastic hat I can never find!

BrooksieChristmaslid046.jpg

Boris K

One of the Regulars

Tango Yankee said:
No new hats for me, but I got my wife a membership in the Red Hat Society. Naturally, that meant she would need a red hat or two. Or three. :D

I also gave her the sweatshirt. :eusa_doh:

Happy Christmas,
Tom

Fantastic hats, but I'm a little worried about the sweatshirt, though lol

indycop

I'll Lock Up
Tango Yankee said:
No new hats for me, but I got my wife a membership in the Red Hat Society. Naturally, that meant she would need a red hat or two. Or three. :D

Here's Rhonda in a Dobbs, color is Flame:

DobbsRedHatSociety.jpg

Here she is in a straw purchased from the Society:

RedHatSocietystraw.jpg

And last, a wool hat I picked up for her on eBay:

RedHatSocietywool.jpg

I also gave her the sweatshirt. :eusa_doh:

Happy Christmas,
Tom
You are gonna have trouble with that shirt around!lol lol

Brooksie

One Too Many
Mrs. J.T. Marcus - Beautiful hat it has a very interesting & stylish shape and not to mention great color.

Rhonda - Tango Yankee did well! - I love your three new hats, they look great on you, red is my favorite color (red hat society here I come - in a few more years).

I want to tell everybody Merry Christmas and to say thanks to all who gave me such wonderfull compliments - you are all an inspiration to me. Also to the gentlemen who recieved hats for Christmas; "nice hats", I hope you hear this for many years to come!

Brooksie

Tango Yankee

Call Me a Cab
Brooksie said:
Rhonda - Tango Yankee did well! - I love your three new hats, they look great on you, red is my favorite color (red hat society here I come - in a few more years).

Thanks, Brooksie! I showed Rhonda this thread a little while ago, and she loves your new hat--especially the ribbon treatment! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Merry Christmas!
Tom

Technonut

Practically Family
indycop said:
Heres my new Remembrance! and new U.S. Wings jacket!

PC250095-1.jpg

PC250091-1.jpg

VERY nice indycop.... :eusa_clap The hat suits you well. I like the jacket too... :) I have one in vintage cow also that I treated with brown Pecard's. It is the Indy jacket that I reach for in colder weather. ;)

Jerekson

One Too Many
I haven't recieved it yet, but this morning I got a slip from Australia stating that a new Akubra Squatter is on the way :D

Technonut

Practically Family
indycop said:
If I use something on the leather will it make it shiny and non vintage looking, Or do I leave it alone until absolutely necessary?

I treated mine with brown Pecard's right away. It is not shiny at all, and has a rich, brown color. :) I made mine a little on the distressed looking side. I used Q-Tips to cut-in around the seams, (left the seams the original color) and used a small tack sponge to smoothly apply the brown Pecard's...

IMO though, yours looks very good as it is... My vintage cow was much lighter in color.

thunderw21

I'll Lock Up
Indycop, nice hat! I like the tall crown and the bow.

It looks a bit like my "Chinatown" cowboy conversion. Could they be distant cousins? :p

DSCF1283-2.jpg

The jacket also looks nice.

dr greg

One Too Many
Silly Question!

cooncatbob said:
Thought I'd start a thread so everybody getting a Hat for Christmas would have a place to post their pictures.
Any of you Aussies members get new hats?lol lol
Bob.
I picked this jet black Akubra Squatter up on Xmas eve, having got it for $A10 on the bay, soaked it in a hot shower the next morning, (it was a size too small) then wore it in all day through Xmas dinner etc as you see here, and now it fits like a glove.
xmashatme6.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Espasoner