Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ciano Farmer Canvas and Denim

wdw

One Too Many
I think Ciano Farmer are worth a mention. They're another American Kickstarter mob (from Texas), but the difference here is that their prices are sensible (not ridiculously low, leading to massive delays) and the delivery times are a refreshing 6 weeks or so.

These are their Japanese Blood Red jeans, about 14oz weight and I think identical to and definitely cheaper than the Gustin Oxbloods.

I also have a couple of canvas jackets on order, again at decent prices, around £100 including delivery.

The pics show them brand new, and they'll get a soak tonight to get rid of the built-in 1" excess on the waist and leg.

Teamed with an Aero Maxwell and Wesco Jobmasters...

GriffDeLaGriff

One Too Many
It would also be apropriate to tell about the warranty, the taped seems and other details that is kinda premium for this price. I dont have all the details, but it looks good. He also has duck!

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
Looks good wdw. I particularly like the higher rise that equates to comfort for me. Great looking Maxwell too!

wdw

One Too Many
There's actually an update to this. I wasn't happy about the positioning and size of the rear pockets, as they're too small and spaced too widely, much more than normal. This seems to be an issue with some of Ciano's jeans. Anyway, he immediately offered a free rebuild and is changing his pattern to something more normal for future orders.

So first class customer service. We'll see how his jackets turn out in a few weeks, but so far all the vibes are good.

bretron

Call Me a Cab
Those 18oz duck chinos really have my attention. In fact, those chinos are just plain awesome!! Thx for the tip! Would love to see something in a print or weave pattern like HBT, wabash, or hickory strip.

And just for clarification, WDW; the ones pictured above are the standard fit, correct? Also, pls provide pics or before and after soak ;)

Last edited:

wdw

One Too Many
These are standard fit, bretron. Ciano does herringbone as well, if that suits you, and I would expect his choice of fabrics to expand over time. I got a sample of his 30oz canvas and it's like cardboard, really crazy stuff. I also got samples of the 18oz canvas and ordered two jackets in that, one of which isn't even on the site yet.

Unfortunately you'll need to wait a few weeks for the post-soak pics, as I'm ditching these and waiting for the rebuild.

wdw

One Too Many
Well sussed, Griff. It's going official soon, but I was pestering him for it. I chose navy 18oz canvas with copper thread and fancy wood buttons. There will also be a much wider colour choice. As it seems a relatively uncommon pattern, unlike the ubiquitous chore coat, I reckon this will be a winner for him.

I also went for his 18oz chore coat in black, as the two I have from Gustin are thinner and I wanted something more substantial.

Last edited:

I would go out tonight

One of the Regulars
WDW, I have a pair of unsanforized 15.5 oz Cone Mills on the way. How would you say the fit compares to Gustin? I tried Gustin and although the waist and rise were good, the legs were like 'meggings' on me. I had to swap them for a shirt. I am hoping the Cianos fit more like LVC 501.

That red is good and I will be interested to your jackets

wdw

One Too Many
I prefer a looser fit and Ciano's 905s fit the bill. I'd say they're comparable to the Gustin straight leg, but with a higher rise, which I'm happy with. Good for short jackets. And not tight on the leg.

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
Nice jeans, though I see your problem with the pockets. Good to hear that Ciano are open to tweaking their patterns as well.

wdw

One Too Many
Sloan, what I like about Ciano is that he treats you as an individual. He sends out about 10 pics of your own actual jeans when they're made, then he listens to what you have to say about them and deals with it accordingly. In my case, he's going to send me pics of the pocket positions before he fixes them, but I'm sure they'll be fine this time.

No way on God's earth would Gustin do that, as they seem to be simply middle men between you and the sewing shop, and Lawless have such unbelievably massive delays I doubt if they even know which month your jeans are in, much less which individual ones are yours.

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
If he's managing that without Lawless-esque delays, then it sounds like a perfect balance of product and service. On a not unrelated note, I see Gustin have finally shut down their community board completely now. Not sure if that's a sign of irritation at customer complaints or a sign that the label has reached 'maturity'.

Last edited:

wdw

One Too Many
Cordwrangler, they're vanity sized, which isn't helpful, but the site shows the true specs and tells you how to order. For example, I usually order a 34" actual waist in jeans, so with Ciano I ordered a 32", as it's actual size is 35", with a further 1" of shrinkage to come. Don't know why they just cant call it 34" with a 35" actual waist.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner