Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cigarette ads

lord_k

One of the Regulars
Camels At The Circus, 1941

4790258908_b6424818df_z.jpg

via paul.malon @ Flickr

Mugwump

One of the Regulars
Not sure if this one has been posted yet - stupid network at work appears to block at random...

This is almost sacralildge (sp?)...and I do hope that I've posted this correctly...

http://www.humor-articles.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/odd_santa_ads_4.jpg

From the 1937 Women's World magazine that I recently purchased on etsy (thanks Zinniaridge!) - but I stole the pic from an online source (www.humor-articles.com)

lol

There are some fantastic ads here, thanks to everyone for posting! :)

Last edited:

Tango Yankee

Call Me a Cab
I know, this is about print ads, but...

the ban in the US on advertising cigarettes on radio and TV has been in place since what, 1971? I was born in 1959, and their ads were so pervasive that I can still hear some of those jingles in my mind!

Cheers,
Tom

Widebrim

I'll Lock Up
I know, this is about print ads, but...

the ban in the US on advertising cigarettes on radio and TV has been in place since what, 1971? I was born in 1959, and their ads were so pervasive that I can still hear some of those jingles in my mind!

Cheers,
Tom

"I'd rather fight than switch" (with black eyes abounding everywhere...). TY, do you remember the now-famous ad which had a boy imitating his father (to inane background music), ending with the former picking up a pack of cigarettes? It may have been the first anti-smoking public announcement ever.

Tango Yankee

Call Me a Cab
"I'd rather fight than switch" (with black eyes abounding everywhere...). TY, do you remember the now-famous ad which had a boy imitating his father (to inane background music), ending with the former picking up a pack of cigarettes? It may have been the first anti-smoking public announcement ever.

Indeed I do!

We did have a couple of hilarious (intentionally humorous, I mean) anti-smoking posters up at South Gate High when I went there. I always got a kick out of them.

Cheers,
Tom

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindawalters