Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

classic styled cars

Feraud

Bartender
I want this!
2006-Dodge-Challenger-Concept-SA-1920x1440.jpg

Forgotten Man

One Too Many
Phineas Lamour said:
I have a pt cruiser and am planning to put chrome on just about everything and put a visor across the windshield. They can be made to look a lot like 40s era lowriders.

I've seen some PTs that have been "converted" into 40s bombs to a degree. A good friend of mine has a PT and has bought miles of that chrome plated plastic trim you get at Pep Boys and has transformed his PT to accentuate the classic lines of a late 30s or early 40s car.

With all the money spent on converting a car into something els, why not invest in a real classic? You can always change the motor and transmission out and keep the classic stock looks but, make it a reliable driver. I guess it all depends on whether you're someone who wants to have a car that is 40s or what not or a car that touches on the classic styles.

Being a man who owns a real 40s car, I couldn't ever get the pleasure or the same time traveling feeling in any car made today that may touch on yesterdays looks but is overly modern looking with bucket seats and all that noise. I'm a tall man and love my bench seats and tall roof and large steering wheel! Yes, original cars of the era are a labor of love, but very rewarding and ya make friends every where you go.

I've owned my Plymouth for 5 years now... she's never let me down as much as a used 80s or early 90s Toyota or Mazda. She came from an era when simplicity was key in cars made in the low priced field. Not as much to go wrong on that Plymouth as today’s cars.

Maybe it's just me but, wouldn't this thread be better suited for the Observation Bar? Since Golden Era I felt was always more of a focus on history and things made in that era?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR