Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Classic Summer/ tropical style

DocMustang

One of the Regulars
I just found out that the Navy will be sending me down to Pensicola, Florida to complete my medical training. After having spent the past 8 years in the frozen north, I now have the opportunity to expand my wardrobe. Wondering if any of you would like to take your mind off the cold (-10 windchill here in Ann Arbor) and give me some pointers on classic summer style. I am thinnking along the lines of a good linen suit, a couple suits in silk, and a few good panama hats.

I did a search for summer suits and summer style and did not a thread that brought everything together. If this has been done sorry.

Edward

Bartender
I would suggest picking up a handful of panamas in differing styles - maybe also something like the Akubra Capricorn straw in differing colours. Last Summer it was too hot for felt for most of July and August and, being in possession of only one panama, I got very bored of that same hat day in, day out. Before next Summer, I hope to also add to my wardrobe a couple or three of B Wear's linen Newsboys for a less seen, but equally classic look.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnmichael