Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cleaning a Schott leather peacoat

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
Yep - me too, Plumb. I;ve washed veg tanned with no issues too but it took 3 days to dry in the shade in cooler weather.

zebedee

One Too Many
Renapur is great stuff for reconditioning leather- if you can avoid thoroughly washing it, though, I'd not take the risk. You could hand-sponge the lining and wear the jacket (buttoned up) in a cold(ish) shower. Pat the outside dry and then turn it inside-out and put it outside to air-dry.
Oops. I was doing three things at once. None of them was reading carefully...

DirtyWaterGuy

New in Town
The spot bot is still a good option IMHO, however the cat pee odor (definitely PEE) didn't come out. I went with the cold wash gentle cycle option. Jacket drying now on dry 4th of July weather here in NY so I'm lucky with weather. No discernible odor now and I'm sure jacket is as clean now as it will ever be. Lexol tomorrow. Thx for info. I never would have thought you could wash a leather jacket, but to be honest, I've been caught in deluges on the bike several times and previously owned leathers were never worse for the wear so I'll be good to go as indicated by many posts, cheers!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ALittleBitOfCompany