Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

cloaks

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
I have a boat cloak like the one FDR wore in my closet. I was thinking the other day how wonderfully warm it would be around my shoulders in my dotage. I've also taken to wearing a shawl around the house on cold evenings after seeing Lincoln. Instant warmth.
I'm not brave enough to wear one out, mainly because the lining is red, and everyone would immediately think Dracula.

Feraud

Bartender
Re: Bronx vs. Brooklyn. Brooklyn has gotten so hip over the last few years that wearing something "different" just seems much less outre than here in the Bronx. Bronx still has lots of gangbangers and such. But as I've said before, when I wear snazzy duds around here, I do get lots of very positive reactions, So there you are.
I live in Queens so strutting around in a cloak seems melodramatic! ;)

dhermann1

I'll Lock Up
I have a boat cloak like the one FDR wore in my closet. I was thinking the other day how wonderfully warm it would be around my shoulders in my dotage. I've also taken to wearing a shawl around the house on cold evenings after seeing Lincoln. Instant warmth.
I'm not brave enough to wear one out, mainly because the lining is red, and everyone would immediately think Dracula.

What FDR was doing wearing a cloak in my closet, I'll never know. :eyebrows:

Last edited:

Worf

I'll Lock Up
Unless I'm wearing a sword and a plumed hat think Cyrano De Bergerac, I'd not wear one. Of course the blade would get me immediately stopped by the Po Po who would demand I hand it over. In the Bronx no "gang banger" would mess with you cause they'd not know what you had underneath it. Unlike as portrayed in the movies or national media, real G's only resort to violence over money or personal beef. They don't go around killing outsiders as a rule. People do get shot and killed by accident occaisionally and that's when the big heat falls. I learned this growing up in the 40 Projects, but of course gun use was less prevelant then.

Worf

Shangas

I'll Lock Up
Outside of a really heavy blizzard or harsh European/Canadian winters, I don't see a situation where you could really wear one these days. Although I don't deny that they are really really awesome. Under the right circumstances, I'd probably put one on in a heartbeat.

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
Wasn't there an episode of Seinfeld on this?
Seinfeld: Season 6, Episode 4 "The Chinese Woman" (13 Oct. 1994)

George: You know what this has to do with? The man in the cape. I bet you he is mixed up in this. I don't trust men in capes.

Jerry: You can't cast aspersions on someone just because they're wearing a cape. Superman wore a cape. And I'll be damned if I'm gonna stand here and let you say anything bad about him.

George: All right, Superman's the exception.

dhermann1

I'll Lock Up
Actually, for a walk in the country, or into the woods, a cloak or cape can be very nice. The thing about them is that it's like having a little warm tent around you. Your arms are tucked inside, adding a whole level of heat retention. Quite cozy. And you can fantasize that you're a wizard.

dhermann1

I'll Lock Up
A serape! And when you come inside, you can use it as a table cloth!
What I wanna know is, when you buy a cloak, do they throw in the dagger for free? Or is that extra?

Graemsay

Practically Family
Fallow sell a summer cape and winter cape in denim.

fallow_summer_cape_C.jpg

fallow_winter_cape_A.jpg

I don't think that it's a look I could pull off. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy