Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

***CLOSED*** DRAWING: FREE 1960's Bombshell Lipstick Red Suit

Vintage Betty

My Mail is Forwarded Here
DRAWING: FREE 1960's Bombshell Lipstick Red Boucle 3-Piece Woman's Suit

I am sure this will be a popular item, so I'm going to do a drawing for it. Suit is actually cranberry color, not bright red.

Here's the pics:

boucle1.JPG
boucle2.JPG

boucle3.JPG
boucle4.JPG

60s_union_label1a.JPG
60s_union_label1b.JPG

Measurements:
Vest Bust: Up to 38"
Vest Waist: Up to 32"
Skirt Waist: Up to 29"
Skirt Hips: Up to 38"
Jacket: ---

This suit will look best if you are over 5'6".

And here's the rules (they are pretty easy):

1) You must fit the suit yourself or it must be for someone who will wear it (wife, sister, friend).
2) NO RESELLERS (But resellers are welcome to enter if it's for THEMSELVES and not a customer)
3) You pay shipping by Priority Mail within the US.
4) You must post a picture of yourself (or your wife, friend, etc) wearing all three pieces of the suit in the What Are You Wearing Today thread by December 31, 2008, and also post a link or a photo to this thread.
5) Drawing closes June 18, 2008, 6pm PST.

Here's the usual drivel:

You pay shipping via US Priority Mail. Please post to this thread and do not PM me, as my mailbox is full. No resellers please, this item is for your own use.

International Loungers: You are welcome to claim this item, but I will only ship within the US. You will have to find a US Lounger, and I will ship the item to them and send that person a bill for shipping. They can than send the item to you.

Jacket has Union Label. Please note vest zipper needs to be replaced on this item.

Vintage Betty

retrogirl1941

One Too Many
BegintheBeguine said:
That's my size and color and style! I love Jacqueline Kennedy suits! Count me in, please. I can fix the zipper. Ooh, I want it! Thanks.
Ashley

That would look great on you Ashley! I want it too but...... I only want the skirt! And I know thats violating the rules of the contest.:eusa_doh:

Samantha

Vintage Betty

WH1 said:
Don't want to alienate any of the ladies but I think my wife would look beautiful in that suit. Of course I am biased.;)

Gentlemen are always welcome to claim any ladies items, as long as it's for someone to use and NOT for resale.

WH1

Practically Family
Thank you, definately not for resale that would violate the spirit and upset the karma fairy causing the earth to tilt on its axis like a 1950's rand-mcnally globe in a 2nd grade classroom:eek: lol

Vintage Betty

I ran out of time to do the drawing tonight. I will try to complete this tomorrow -- I have something special in mind to pick the winner. :rolleyes:

Vintage Betty

Vintage Betty

WH1 said:
Thank you, definately not for resale that would violate the spirit and upset the karma fairy causing the earth to tilt on its axis like a 1950's rand-mcnally globe in a 2nd grade classroom:eek: lol

Have we met? lol

WH1

Practically Family
Vintage Betty said:
Have we met? lol

We haven;t been formally introduced. I am WH1 also known as Todd and it is an honor to meet you.:D

Or maybe a vintage greeting, what's your sign?:eusa_doh: ;) Cheesy huh, thank god the 70's went the way of the dodo!

patrick1987

One of the Regulars
retrogirl1941 said:
That would look great on you Ashley! I want it too but...... I only want the skirt! And I know thats violating the rules of the contest.:eusa_doh:

Samantha
Yes it would so look good on you, Ashley. Fingers crossed.

Vintage Betty

We have a winner!

Congratulations are in order to WH1! As you will see below, the judge had a very hard time choosing the winner.

contest1_062008.JPG

contest2_062008.JPG

contest3_062008.JPG

contest4_062008.JPG

He sniffed each entry before deciding on a winner for the suit and enjoyed the winning entry. WH1 - I will contact you sometime in the next week to work out shipping details.

Thanks for entering!

Vintage Betty

WH1

Practically Family
First time I was ever glad to look like the dogs lunch. Guess it is a good thing I am a dog person.:)
Thank you unknown-name-dog, Vintage Betty for offering this suit so kindly and my best regards to Ashley and Fifties Freak.
I look forward to posting the photos of my wife in this beautiful suit and I know she will look fantastic in it.
Todd

WH1

Practically Family
Betty,
Sorry, currently deployed to Afghanistan, will remind the wife and have her post the pics. Never to intended to violate the spirit of the gift.
Todd

Vintage Betty

WH1 said:
Betty,
Sorry, currently deployed to Afghanistan, will remind the wife and have her post the pics. Never to intended to violate the spirit of the gift.
Todd

Whoa! I had no idea. Thank you for your service! :eusa_clap

Thanks for posting a picture when convenient. ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR