Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

cockpit usa a2 jacket

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
Yep - I agree definitely too big for a 40 but ok for a 44. Of course their 44 has 22 inch shoulders which is another problem entirely. :p

Spoonbelly

One of the Regulars
I thought I would just throw this out. I have a Cockpit USAF A-2 in goatskin 21st century model. I also have a Gibson and Barnes Air Force A-2 in goatskin.
Measurements :

Cockpit : shoulder - 22 Body length - 25 P2P - 27 1/2 Label size - 48L sleeve length -17 bottom of sleeve leather only

Gibson and Barnes : shoulder - 21 Body length - 25 P2P - 28 Label size - 46T sleeve length - 18 bottom of sleeve leather only

Spoonbelly

One of the Regulars
Interesting - I have a Gibson and Barnes Expedition size 42 which has a P2P of 24.5.
My Cockpit A-2 is labeled 48L. Tha G&B A-2 is 46T. Ironically the G&B fits larger then the Cockpit. I'm lucky I ordered those sizes. 46L in the Cockpit would have been too small and 48T in the G&B would have swam on me. The G&B has a "dressier" look to it as the goatskin on it has a much smoother less wrinkled look. The Cockpit looks a little rugged or rougher, with the goatskin looking a little more "wrinkled". Was also wondering why the price of the G&B is $400.00, and the Cockpit $500.00? I bought the Cockpit 6 or 7 years ago for $325.00 The G&B was on sale for $315.00 3 or 4 years ago. I like both of them. Although the G&B might look a little too dressy. I like A-2s alot but am not a maven or guru. I however own 10 old and vintage US Navy Pea Coats.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusa80