Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cockpit USA Classic 100 Missions G-1 jacket

Brettafett

One Too Many
Hi all,

Can I get some comments on those who own one of these, on sizing.
What size do you wear and what are your measurements, please.

Especially keen to hear from anyone 5'10 to 6ft-ish

Fit pics very welcome.

This applies to the Heroes G-1, Forrestal etc...

Thanks

Deacon211

One Too Many
Little late, but you should search for my review now a few years past.

I’m 6’1 and 215. I’m not at home but I believe the jacket is a 48, fits like a 47.

Little short in the torso as are all their G-1s. Not baggy but broad enough to fit my 54yr old frame.

Drewdog2323

One of the Regulars
Little late to this as well but I wear a 44 in this jacket and their G-1 milspec. This one fits a bit trimmer but not so much to require sizing up.

I’m 6’1” and 185lbs with a 41”-42” chest and broader shoulders. One size up from your chest measurement is a good start, which is what I did. If you’re really built up in the shoulders you may need to go 2 sizes up to feel comfortable. I used to like my jackets to be as trim as possible but now tend towards the slightly loose look for more comfort.

thor

One Too Many
I’m 6’ 1” and 215 lbs with broad shoulders and a long torso. I have one of these in a 48 and also one in a size 50 (got it used/like new off eBay dirt cheap). The 48 fits me military neat (fitted but not snug) but very short in the torso. My size 50 is a bit more relaxed/roomy and offers a bit more length in the body.
The washed “vintage” goatskin that CockpitUSA uses on these jackets is really nice. Looks as close to a 50-year old early G-1 as you could imagine!

Brettafett

One Too Many
Thanks everyone, Ive owned a couple of 40s in the past, sold of... but recently tried a Heroes 42 and it was good.
So, I think the rule of thumb, sizing one up from chest is a good call (Im 40")
Im interested again, due to Cockpit separating the leather panel at the base of the zip, which is more accurate.
I was not a fan of the past single panel design for the G-1.
So, lets see... I may be sporting one of these again in the near future!

Drewdog2323

One of the Regulars
Hey Brettafett,

I have a 100 Mission G-1 jacket in size 44 I am looking to sell. If you are interested, I can at least send you pictures and measurements. Feel free to reach out!

Brettafett

One Too Many
Hey Brettafett,

I have a 100 Mission G-1 jacket in size 44 I am looking to sell. If you are interested, I can at least send you pictures and measurements. Feel free to reach out!
Thanks, but Im sure a 44 is one size too big. I've gone and grabbed a 42, currently on the way... Hoping it works...
But it looks like you have some interest there. I have owned a couple of these jackets, and can attest to good quality and comfort. Worth it if you can get for a good price.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leatherpatch