Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

College wardrobe

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
Matt Deckard said:
http://www.pfflyers.com/
For the collegiate after academics and in the gym.
mc0001br_d.gif

I'm angry- They stopped making these.
They've gone trendy.

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
looks like they don't sell on their website.

Zappos used to have them in my size, but now the only have up to size 8, and I need a 12.

I guess they're just not "trendy enough". PF flyers now has the wood grain and snake skin and all that stuff.

I used to have pair of snake skin sneakers, by a brand called Snakers. Good shoes, but they were real snakeskin, and really old and funky. The PF Flyers just don't have it.

Wild Root

Gone Home
There's a "Contact" link... I'm sure if you emailed them, they'd sell ya a pair in your size... which is my size as well!

I'll have to find out! Because I want a pair of these!

mc0001bo_d.gif

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
decided against the derby.
I just bought the second to last pair of ringsides on zappos. the should be here soon. I can't wait!

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
they just came!
cool shoes. My only gripe is that the tip of the wingtip digs into my foot when I walk. I'm sure this will clear up once I break them in.

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
well- I guess the shoes. I've had the feet for a while you know. The leather on the shoes just needs to soften up a little.

resortes805

Call Me a Cab
I knew I saved these images for a reason. . . check out these original collegiate slacks that sold on ebay a month or two ago.

11-03-06_VINTAGE_mens_021.jpg

11-03-06_VINTAGE_mens_022.jpg

11-03-06_VINTAGE_mens_024.jpg

I just picked a repro pair from Jorge Avalos and they rock!

resortes805

Call Me a Cab
Yup, the pants legs really are that wide! I'd imagine that this particular pair is made out of wool flannel. I believe that Baron Kurtz has an original pair, perhaps he may like to share some words on them. Here's an old catalog ad for similar pants:

Bags_1933-1.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apachepass