Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cologne and perfume

That's going out the window as we speak, but that's okay. I was through worse just recently. I'm still clinging to the fact that some pincurled, made up, dress wearing, vintage young lady will come my way. Hey, a guy can dream, can't he?

rue

That's going out the window as we speak, but that's okay. I was through worse just recently. I'm still clinging to the fact that some pincurled, made up, dress wearing, vintage young lady will come my way. Hey, a guy can dream, can't he?

Oh I'm so sorry Tom. I was so hoping it would work out for you. Eventually your vintage dream girl will appear. As Shakespeare said... We are such stuff As dreams are made on :)

Keep wearing that Old Spice ;)

Well, it's been an awful nite all around and you managed to put the first smile on my face of the day :) P.S. She's torn between me and her boyfriend. I told her goodbye and to stay with him.

Oh I'm so sorry Tom. I was so hoping it would work out for you. Eventually your vintage dream girl will appear. As Shakespeare said... We are such stuff As dreams are made on :)

Keep wearing that Old Spice ;)

Geiamama

One of the Regulars
Well, it's been an awful nite all around and you managed to put the first smile on my face of the day :) P.S. She's torn between me and her boyfriend. I told her goodbye and to stay with him.

Clearly she's a fool not to see what's she's missing out on, and a guy like you deserves better than fools. And I second the "keep wearing that Old Spice", you'd be surprised how many women it makes go all wibbly!

True, we wouldn't all appreciate the rarity then :) Well, I'll rephrase myself. I need to find me one that's like the wonderful ladies of the Lounge.
Before some of The Usual Suspects completely derailed 'em and got 'em nuked, we actually used to have several threads about vintage dating and several Loungers... lots of singles bemoaning the distances between them all--I got lucky in that the LDGE's a Lounger too; in fact this is where we met, then we crossed paths on both Match and a gaming forum we both frequent, and we've been exchanging almost-daily emails ever since... :D

Hang in there, Tom! Of course, being open to unexpected possibilities helps too...
Chance favors the prepared mind.--Louis Pasteur

DB
just call me "the Mozzie of the Lounge"... LOL

You are too kind. Most 20 year old (or in that age bracket) women can't get past the whole 'this guy's a relic' thing. It makes life tough. If it weren't for 'redneck girls' who enjoy my simple country ways, I'd never get a date. This last one, I met in the Drive Thru at Mickey D's and she liked me because I was polite.

Clearly she's a fool not to see what's she's missing out on, and a guy like you deserves better than fools. And I second the "keep wearing that Old Spice", you'd be surprised how many women it makes go all wibbly!

I was a very active participant in the FL dating threads. They are a very nice place to kinda get things out, all that angst and what-not. I'm always hoping for the unexpected. It's tough in a small town, same girls all the time for years....

Before some of The Usual Suspects completely derailed 'em and got 'em nuked, we actually used to have several threads about vintage dating and several Loungers... lots of singles bemoaning the distances between them all--I got lucky in that the LDGE's a Lounger too; in fact this is where we met, then we crossed paths on both Match and a gaming forum we both frequent, and we've been exchanging almost-daily emails ever since... :D

Hang in there, Tom! Of course, being open to unexpected possibilities helps too...
Chance favors the prepared mind.--Louis Pasteur

DB
just call me "the Mozzie of the Lounge"... LOL

Xavier_Godshore

Familiar Face
For me, I find no more wonderful scent than Issey Miyake's "L'eau d'Issey Pour Homme'.
The men's fragrance as well as the women's fragrance are, in my opinion, perfect.

As far as the men's fragrance goes, I don't care for strong, over the top musky/woody more manly-than-thou fragrances yet this has just the slightest hint of that as well as a sweet floral scents. To me it's perfect and it is suitable for many occasions and many individuals.

Lou

One of the Regulars
My current summer favorite is Acqua di Parma Colonia. For the other seasons, I like Floris Elite, Floris Vetiver (sadly discontinued), and Aqua Velva Musk.

_RAGNAR_

One of the Regulars
That's a good one too, I'd forgotten about it

I don't have a great nose and even I can tell it smells incredible. It's the only scent that I have ever gotten unsolicited comments on, or had women I don’t know say something.

No I don’t wear it strongly! But in crowded bars or dancefloors etc. over the years I have had more than one women say they like it, which never happened with other scents

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
For me, I find no more wonderful scent than Issey Miyake's "L'eau d'Issey Pour Homme'.
Sadly, I tried L'eau d'Issey Pour Homme when it first came out and found that I would often get a mild headache of short duration upon application (and I am not prone to headaches). Very odd, as I've tried a lot of scents over the years and that has never happened before or since. A while back I was cruising Basenotes and lo and behold there were many reviews that also mentioned headaches. That said, I know several gents who wear it with no ill effects. Nowadays, I won't buy a new scent without getting a sampler to give it a few test drives.

HepKitty

One Too Many
Sadly, I tried L'eau d'Issey Pour Homme when it first came out and found that I would often get a mild headache of short duration upon application (and I am not prone to headaches). Very odd, as I've tried a lot of scents over the years and that has never happened before or since. A while back I was cruising Basenotes and lo and behold there were many reviews that also mentioned headaches. That said, I know several gents who wear it with no ill effects. Nowadays, I won't buy a new scent without getting a sampler to give it a few test drives.

Actually, newer perfumes are made with "sensitizing" chemicals that tend to cause headaches and obviously annoyance. It's not just you

HepKitty

One Too Many
Sigh disapprovingly over their elitist-yet-genius marketing-scheme. H&M and Express have excellent modern styles without the half-naked-and-glistening hype.

I'm wafting in your general direction. I hope my efforts are successful in meeting your request : )

*sniff sniff* lol

Every woman should wear Shalimar at some point in their life.

Yes, and I'm past that point already. I still like it though. I still have an old bottle but it doesn't smell quite right anymore.

Guttersnipe

One Too Many
For most days I just wear aftershave, which is usually one of several Bay Rum's that I've picked up over time or Pino Silvestre, but for special occasions I have a signature sent that comes in an eau de parfum potency. While the actually name and maker are a closely guarded trade secret, I can say that it's main features are a hint vanilla and pipe tobacco. The ladies do tend to appreciate it . . .

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails