Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Colorful cafe racer thread

newtojackets

Practically Family
I thought it would be nice to have a thread dedicated to colorful cafe racers. All racing shirts are welcome, as long as they're in a color other than black or brown.

I'll kick off with this blue Luda Clothing racing shirt.

I did a thorough internet search but there is hardly any information to be found on the maker. All I could find were two or three eBay listings from a couple of years ago. Those jackets were supposedly from the 60s and they were made in England.

And that's exactly how this particular jacket was sold to me by the seller from France:

"Blouson café racer vintage 60s made in England.

Tres belle patine d'époque, aucun accroc, tous les zips fonctionnent."

View attachment 322879 View attachment 322880 View attachment 322881 View attachment 322882 View attachment 322883 View attachment 322884 View attachment 322885
The leather is in great condition and has just the right amount of patina. The jacket feels really solid. It's a nice touch how the stripes' edges are folded instead of showing the rough edges. Overall, stitching looks ok with exception of the sleeve zippers. Stitching on those looks a bit sloppy.

View attachment 322890

Fit / pattern

You can tell it's a racing jacket the second you put it on. The sleeves are really curved and the chest is tight. The jacket is in it's natural position when reaching forward. When standing straight with the arms hanging down, the chest feels a bit tight and the shoulder seams feel slightly uncomfortable.

View attachment 322894

View attachment 322896

I love it. Those angled chest pockets make a unique design and the blue / black color combination is great to match with black or indigo jeans.
Would you recommend a Luda. Have send a few floating about, and thought I might jump on one

bigmanbigtruck

One of the Regulars
s-l1600.webp
Not mine, but saw this bates on Finds & Deals thread but think it belongs here. It’s certainly a vibe.

Marc mndt

I'll Lock Up
Would you recommend a Luda. Have send a few floating about, and thought I might jump on one
They're not very suitable for evey day use (off the bike). The curved sleeves, tight chest and rotated sleeve pitch make it uncomfortable to wear while standing upright.

IMG_4537.jpeg

newtojackets

Practically Family
Not quite a cafe racer but close enough.
Recent pickup from me. It’s from an English brand called Crowtree leathers

Annoyingly the red is slightly lighter in person than in the photos (I want the jacket to be the same colour as the photos. Any tips for darkening?

IMG_6235.jpeg IMG_6236.jpeg IMG_6232.jpeg IMG_6218.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shiny hats