Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Colorful cafe racer thread

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
This is the natural position for the jacket and you can feel it when you put it on.
View attachment 323018
yeah, you don't need action back. totally understand the fit, 2 of mine were setup like that (at least tried to) and it gives enough mobility to drive, and answer the phone, etc. despite being hard leather and trim, but I tried to put my grocery bag from the front seat to the back seat, my arm couldn't reach back at all, had to unbutton the jacket, and a bit more challenging to take off the jacket

Marc mndt

I'll Lock Up
Where are you always digging out these unique leather jackets?!

I use search terms like 'cuir' (=leather) or vintage and wade trough pages of junk just to find that one gem that's hidden somewhere.

Searching for well known brand names like 'Bates' is pointless because there are no Bates to be found in Europe and if there is one, they're asking €900 for it.

3E57EE30-7D51-4D78-BA1A-C45E87EA1CB7.jpeg

Robbie79

Call Me a Cab
I use search terms like 'cuir' (=leather) or vintage and wade trough pages of junk just to find that one gem that's hidden somewhere.

Searching for well known brand names like 'Bates' is pointless because there are no Bates to be found in Europe and if there is one, they're asking €900 for it.

View attachment 323019
Thanks Marc - plowing through hundreds of Ebay/Etsy/Vinted sites sounds like hard work!

When reading the brand name Bates I still regret that I didn't buy a brown 50's or 60" Bates Cross Zip in my size in superb condition for roughly 400€ back in December - I was also searching hours like you for finding this gem....it was also listed on Ebay Kleinanzeigen Germany and Bates wasn't mentioned, just Leather jacket if I remember correctly. One week before I bought the Taubers crosszip from the US for much more...

Robbie79

Call Me a Cab
I think it looks great overall, but the sleeves look a bit wide for my taste. But I guess that's LW signature style right?
Thanks Marc. Yes, exactly. I'm happy with the overall fit but the sleeves are too really wide for my taste which I think is normal for LW. Perhaps wearing a thicker sweater would solve the issue as I only wore a thin T-shirt underneath. That's the reason why I'm still considering selling it. The fact that the colour and hide and construction/craftmanship are fabulous and that I will sell at loss like with my olive green Bedford, I'm really hesitant. I would do it right away if someone would change it for a second hand Mulholland ;-)

Bjorn240

One of the Regulars

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OldBoot