Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Colours for brunettes!! ;-)

AllaboutEve

Practically Family
An english brunette favourite of mine looking lovely in cream.

getpic.jpg

MissQueenie

Practically Family
Let's see some pictures of US in our best colors -- doesn't even have to be vintage...!

I'll start (with apologies to the photographer for reposting w/o permission!):

CIMG0360.jpg

Yellow and brown ensemble ($3 shoes, $2 hat, $10 dress!)...

maisie

Practically Family
I love your dress, i love yellow and brown together and it goes so well with brunette hair!!:D

mysterygal

Call Me a Cab
From the book, Dress Right, Color right

Brunettes
Colors for dark-skinned brunettes are in italics
Cosmetics
Foundation: Rose-beige, medium-beige, light-beige, cocoa, rose-brown, dark bronze. Avoid beiges with gold tones.
Blusher: Blue-pink, rose-brown, rose-wine. bright red, plum, orchid, amber-rose, pink or red cheek gloss.
Eyeshadow: Plum, taupe, blue, gray, gray-green, mauve shades of rose, plum, teal, mid-to-navy blue, smokey violet, taupe, blue-black
Eyeliner: Charcoal, taupe electric blue, mauve, brown-black
Mascara: Brown-black, electric blue brown-black, purple
Lipstick: Bright red, cherry red, pink-plum, bright burgundy, fuchsia Rose-red, brilliant red, plum, raspberry, mocha-red lipstick or gloss
Lip pencil: Red, plum plum, light brown
Nail polish: Bright red, plum, fuchsia red, plum, fuchsia
Accessories
Jewelry: Sapphire, garnet, emerald, clear crystal, ruby, lapis lazuli, diamonds, pearls with a white or pink cast.
Shoes and handbags: Black, taupe, gray, burgundy, white.
Hosiery: Neutral, taupe, biege, navy, gray, black

mysterygal

Call Me a Cab
~landgirl~ said:
Whilst we are on the subject of hair colours, does anybody know when hair dye came on the scene?
An article I read in Time magazine said that Loreal was the first hair dye manufacturer and they started in 1907.

Speaking of colors for brunettes (I did it again...got tired of being a red head and got the hair dyed back to dark brown:rolleyes: ) I have the same coloring of Dita Von Teese...although I think she has brown eyes..or does that even matter? Anyways, I love the colors she wears...make-up wise...does anyone know what she uses and what the colors are?

Miss Sis

One Too Many
I WISH I was a brunette - I'm more a brownette these days. Once was blonde...

Everyone in my family has dark hair, but I got the d***** recessive gene, didn't I!

And it's no good saying dye it. Every time I try to go just a shade or two darker everyone says I look ill (I am a pale face) and my eyebrows look weird as they are quite light. Sigh!

GOK

One Too Many
Due to having a red-headed mother and an Italian father, I am really pale, with naturally blackish auburn hair! Perhaps if you were to colour your eyebrows too (with a dark eyeshadow, applied with a brush), it might look more natural?

Amelie

A-List Customer
~landgirl~ said:
Whilst we are on the subject of hair colours, does anybody know when hair dye came on the scene?

near the 17th century people started to to dye their hair to have the "venitian blonde" colour. This was all home made recettes, so I guess hair dying I really not a new thing

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grateful Fred