Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Comcast Swing Music Channel

Hemingway Jones

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Forgive me if this has been discussed...

But I didn't see it anywhere else.

Comcast has digital music channels (audio only -except for some "Artist facts" and slides of the artists' pictures.) and one of them, channel 527, is Big Band and Swing Music all of the time. I am finding myself listening to it more and more.

Are other cable companies and satellite providers offering this out there? Do any of you listen to it also?

Dusty Rhodes

Suspended
Yes they do

Hemingway Jones said:
Forgive me if this has been discussed...

But I didn't see it anywhere else.

Comcast has digital music channels (audio only -except for some "Artist facts" and slides of the artists' pictures.) and one of them, channel 527, is Big Band and Swing Music all of the time. I am finding myself listening to it more and more.

Are other cable companies and satellite providers offering this out there? Do any of you listen to it also?

I have a company called Knology and they offer that as well as an American Stadards/Singers channel with Sinatra, ect. I also know that Cox Communications offers the same as well. These channels blow away the comparable stuff on XM Radio.
Dusty

Hemingway Jones

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
That's great. I am glad to hear that you have access to this. I also enjoy it as background music. It's nice to hear a station playing artists and songs I may not have been exposed to otherwise. I am glad that many of you are sharing this simple joy.

Vanessa

One Too Many
I always leave the 40's station from XM on DirecTV playing while I'm sewing. I think it's been talked about in other places, but they also broadcast "news" reports of the particular day it is.

Vanessa

One Too Many
The Sinatra channel (Frank's Place) is great, too. They play a lot of classic standards, but then a lot of the new guys, like Michael Buble & Harry Connick.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner