Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

CONTEST: MEN ONLY: Free Framed Gee-Bee Z Airplane

D

drafttek

Vintage Betty said:
Hi Drafttek - Great photos! What is the age of the plane please? This is a GOLDEN ERA contest, which means the entries for this contest should focus on circa 1920-1950.

Modern day aviation postings will be disqualified as they do not follow the rules, sorry.

Vintage Betty

The plane's a 1986, but it will be vintage some day! :D Ok ok, I loosely interpreted the first qualifier: A picture of yourself in a pilot's outfit. That's what I wear when I fly. Fedoras and headsets don't mix. I'll see if I can come up with something else.

rebelgtp

One of the Regulars
Here are a few I've taken

Picture080.jpg

The Spruce Goose is so large a SR-71 tucks beneath it with ease.

Picture057.jpg

You must love nose are

Picture054.jpg

Ford Tri Motor need to take a pic with someone in Indy gear next to that...

Picture049.jpg

P-51 my all time favorite plane

Picture036.jpg

and finally something a little pre golden era

James Miller

One of the Regulars
Thanks!

Thanks to everyone for sharing such wonderful photos. It's really nice to see the days of yesterday. This is a cool site and thanks to Fedora Lounge.

Hawk_Eye

One of the Regulars
KilroyCD said:
That's a great photo, Sub Lieutenant Hawk Eye! Is that a Sopwith 1 1/2 Strutter in that photo?

It sure is! I see you have a bit of an eye for the Royal Naval Air Service. This was taken last summer at the Geneseo NY airshow. The Strutter is one of only 2 (possibly 3) flying replicas in the world. Check out www.greatwarflyingmuseum.com to see the Strutter and our other aircraft.

KilroyCD

One Too Many
I've seen a number of the museum's aircraft at Geneseo back in the "old days", when the National Warplane Museum was resident at Geneseo. However, I never saw the Strutter there. I have plans to be at Geneseo this summer, so perhaps I'll see you there!

Vintage Betty

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Repeat of the rules

I'm so excited about all the entries! And to remind everyone, there are rules to this contest. You are very welcome to post your Aviation related collectors items elsewhere on the Lounge. I'm going to tweak the rules a bit, since we seemed to have gotten off track (sorry about that, I'll be a bit more precise):

What are the rules?

ANYTHING to do with Aviation during the Golden Age that you have made, created or are involved in:
  • A picture of yourself in a pilot's outfit
  • An article about aviation that you wrote
  • A graphic image of an airplane that you made
  • An assembled and painted airplane model that you made
  • An airplane you restored
  • A tribute to pilots, sung and posted that you did
  • A lecture about how to be a pilot, taped and posted that you were giving

You can post ANYTHING to do with Aviation that you have made, but it cannot be previously used for professional purposes. For example, if you are a professional photographer, you cannot use the photograph of a vintage airplane published in a magazine that you were paid for, but you can post another picture from the same day that didn't make it into print. This is to ensure that amateurs and professionals have an equal chance at the prize.

Qualified entries to date:
Paddy
KilroyCD
Scotrace
Fletch
Diamondback
Jerekson
Rebelgtp

If I have missed someone who has posted something that they have created within the 1920-1950 timeframe, please drop me a line.

Thank you,
Vintage Betty

KilroyCD

One Too Many
I dug out another one

Here's a shot of a Spitfire Mk.IXe outside one of the hangars at Duxford. When I took this shot, it had just been pulled from the hangar, and nobody else was around. It was as close to a wartime shot as I've ever come, as the bird is surrounded by nothing but period buildings:
TE566bw.jpg

BegintheBeguine

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Nice pics, men.

KilroyCD said:
I've seen a number of the museum's aircraft at Geneseo back in the "old days", when the National Warplane Museum was resident at Geneseo. However, I never saw the Strutter there. I have plans to be at Geneseo this summer, so perhaps I'll see you there!
:eek:fftopic: Let me know and I'll really try to make it this year.
Ashley

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner