Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cooking

mysterygal

Call Me a Cab
lol no no no...I was complimenting you! I come from a family who has a thing with burning eggs..horrible...even a little overcooked eggs are gross to me! I have yet to be able to make an omlete...every time I try my eggs start falling apart and ends up just being scrambled eggs with cheese and veggies [huh]

raiderrescuer

One of the Regulars
My inspiration came from High School.
Took Foods Class in school & I constantly got A's and the class right after Foods I got to take in the "Leftovers" and instantly became everyone's best friend including the Teacher...especially on Cookie Day.
I even got to buddy up with "Ms. Oregon 1984" before she was on the Beauty Pageant Circuit.

Rosie

One Too Many
Yeah, MystryGal, don't give up on the baking. My first attempts were not really good but now, I'm really good at it (sorry for the conceit). Actually, I've found that NOT following the recipe exactly makes a better cake/cookie/bread, etc. I've found that most recipes aren't really right on, after I've done a bit of tweaking, my end result is usually much better. It takes a few tries in order to get a really good recipe to your liking, once it comes out the way I like it, I make notations and move on to the next project. It's at the point now that when I am mixing ingredients, I can tell if it will need more flour, sugar, etc, usually just based on the way the mixture looks or smells. Keep trying, you'll get the hang of it.

mysterygal

Call Me a Cab
Braxton36 said:
Julia Child. I love to drink while I cook. At least one of us will think it tastes good!
lol I remember that lady! I remember towards the end there she would be slurring in some of her shoes....that's what I mostly remembered her, taking in more alcohol herself than what was called for in the recipe...she was great:D Another cook that's great is capriel...I've got a cookbook of hers and have got a lot of thumbs ups from the recipes that I"ve tried

raiderrescuer

One of the Regulars
Justin Wilson...

Braxton36 said:
Julia Child. I love to drink while I cook. At least one of us will think it tastes good!
Reminds me of the Cajun Cook - Justin Wilson...always ended up polishing off a bottle by the end of the Show but only 1 cup (if that) went into a recipe !

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana