Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cool (But Sold) eBay Stuff

dhermann1

I'll Lock Up
Here's a classic case of Ebay sniping. This amazing 30s vintage suit, which belonged to an old Vaudevillian named Toby Nevius, sat for a couple of days at a low, or let's say reasonable price. I decided to bid on it even tho it wouldn't fit me, just because it's such a cool suit and a part of genuine American Vaudeville history. As the bidding wound down, and the price hung at about $80, I thought to myself, this baby is going to get sniped within an inch of its life. And sure enough, within the last few seconds it looks like 3 different bidders leapt all over it. The price went from $80 to $304 in a matter of seconds. OK, guys, it's all yours. I just hope the buyer appreciates the historic value of this wild and crazy suit.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=251079752300

Last edited:

dhermann1

I'll Lock Up
Well, as I said, it belonged to a Vaudeville comedian who was active in the 20s. I guarantee you he could be clearly seen in the last row of the top balcony. And what made want it even more was that it obviously was worn on stage.

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
Found this on eBay as a cheap buy it now. Hopefully it pans out in person.
VintageBrownCoat1950s-eBay.jpg

Mario

I'll Lock Up
Now that's funny. Just yesterday I was marveling at a photo of a very similar jacket that I have in my collection (the photo, not the jacket) and now you're posting this photo. :eusa_clap

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yamamoto