Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cool (But Sold) eBay Stuff

Marc Chevalier

Gone Home
A 1920s white DOUBLE-BREASTED evening waistcoat.

Probably a modern size 40. Sold for a song! http://cgi.ebay.com/Mens-Antique-Vi...4QQihZ012QQcategoryZ52383QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

A very similar one on the Arrow Collar Man:

03leyendeckerlg-artistlight.jpg

Jovan

Suspended
slicedbread said:
4 pc db suit by kuppenheimer is mine now :) I'm not sure whether the button was omitted purposely or if it simply fell off...either way, it's an easy fix. jacket, vest, two pairs of pants :) Can anyone give a cue on the era perhaps? 30's? 40's? It seems to have a very high and wide button stance!
Perhaps you can use the inner (jigger?) button where this missing button is -- it should be the same as the rest. Since no one will see the inside button, you can just replace that with anything the same size. :)

J. Brisbin

Familiar Face
Deco Ties

Orgetorix said:

Bless you!

Picked up this lot of ties on the Bay for $10:

d7dd_1_sbl.JPG.jpg

There's only a couple of them in there that I will probably wear. The one on the left here:

e985_1_sbl.JPG.jpg

is a little too loud for me. I'm more of a subuded and understated kind of guy.

But maybe I need to consider pumping up the volume a little? ;)

Marc Chevalier

Gone Home
cookie said:
I was going to but they looked to new and shiny and cheapish...was I wrong???

Let's say wrongish. They're leather, which is good. They're shiny, which is not great. But look at it this way: you wouldn't wear a pair of black & white spectators every day. They're quasi-costume shoes for special occasions. The fact that you wouldn't use them much means that they'd last a longer time.

In the end, b/w spectators don't have to be of excellent quality -- they just have to look good and be made of leather. The pair sold on eBay fit this bill.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic