Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

cooper A2 how good

aswatland

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Andrew, may I ask you opinion on your GW Monarch, I assume you still have it. I read your post when you received it, but was wondering about your thoughts after having it for some time. Do you have a GW Star?
I recall you commenting that your original Star A-2 was one of the more comfortable jackets you have worn...
Reason I am asking, is that I have a GW on order and am debating between a Monarch and a Star.
My reasoning is that I am after a relatively athletic trim jacket, but still practical and functional as a daily wearer. I like the idea of the inset sleeves and lower lying collars... Thank you.

Yes I still have my Monarch and it is breaking in nicely. It is a very comfortable, stylish jacket. I do not own a GW Star, only an original. They are both excellent trimmer fitting contracts and which one you finally go with is down to personal choice. You really can't go wrong with either make IMO.

Brettafett

One Too Many
Yes I still have my Monarch and it is breaking in nicely. It is a very comfortable, stylish jacket. I do not own a GW Star, only an original. They are both excellent trimmer fitting contracts and which one you finally go with is down to personal choice. You really can't go wrong with either make IMO.
Thanks Andrew.

armscye

One of the Regulars
Just to clarify a point: Cooper had one small contract during WWII, so your orange-label is not a repro of a B-17 driver's jacket. But in 1988 and for a decade or so, your Cooper A2 (with a white label and some velcro spots) was official-- albeit non-flight use-- Air Force issue. So walk tall in that Cooper-- it's undeniably a milspec item.

stu48

New in Town
Just to clarify a point: Cooper had one small contract during WWII, so your orange-label is not a repro of a B-17 driver's jacket. But in 1988 and for a decade or so, your Cooper A2 (with a white label and some velcro spots) was official-- albeit non-flight use-- Air Force issue. So walk tall in that Cooper-- it's undeniably a milspec item.

Hi armscye

its got the orange label but its not got any velcro spots or side warmers . the zip is not fantastic and the collar and pocket push studs are wrong . but the neck wire fastners are good and rest of detailing seems ok . but as you state im happy to walk tall in it as it is a nice jacket in its own right

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnmichael