Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cordova Handmade Caps / Johnny J's work

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Wiser Hatter

I'll Lock Up
+10. Great job Johnny and great job of remaking the poster. Steve was this brand of cap a major cap
Maker in Germany? Caps where so disposable that pictures are in most cases all the record we have of certain models.

Ed, Unfortunately I don't know anything about the German cap makers. I do come across cap maker ads in the German hat trade journals but I do not recall ever seeing one for Indra. I will have to see what I can find out about the cap making industry.

The Wiser Hatter

I'll Lock Up
Yes Steve cap makers where more in numbers and may not have been national brands. An we have been so focused on fur fedoras. An are harder to find except for ad's and the few caps that surface every so often.

St. Valentine

A-List Customer
I know it´s pretty vague but I found a discussion on a german forum which suggests that "INDRA" was an east german brand. There´s not more information though....

BTW, thank you Che and Nikolai!

Johnny J

Call Me a Cab
Thank you gentlemen for all the positive feedback! It was fun making this one, even though I was scratching my head at the beginning making the pattern, but we have to also thank rlk for sending me more pics of this style cap so I could understand how it was put together.

Chepstow

I'll Lock Up
I found a cap in my "stock" that I have forgotten to post, the pattern looks similar to Johnnys fabric.
It's a Stanton Cap from the 60s..

wear137.jpg

St. Valentine

A-List Customer
Thank you gentlemen for all the positive feedback! It was fun making this one, even though I was scratching my head at the beginning making the pattern, but we have to also thank rlk for sending me more pics of this style cap so I could understand how it was put together.

Oh, I shouldn´t forget this! Thank you rlk for helping us! :eusa_clap

Manfred Thank you, I even got a propper haircut today.... ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DavidZL