Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cordova Handmade Caps / Johnny J's work

Status
Not open for further replies.

Memo

Familiar Face
Not to derail this thread, but MAN, who wouldn't want a cap like this one:

Marc%20back%20of%20brown%20cap.jpg
The fabric looks like whipcord.

seabass

Call Me a Cab
Looks great, I just in an order for a linen one like wise hatters. I might need to get me one like that for fall. A cold one sounds good.
Cool Memo
Post up some pics when you get it. :cool:
Yes that work cap does look like Whipcord, Flat-top whadda think it is?

Last edited:

Equality 7-2521

One of the Regulars
Well I lucked out a bit. The cap arrived on the day of my departure and was suppose to go back on the day of my arrival. With a bit of hope and trepidation I went to the post office early the day after and it was still there. Very happy with the cap, here are a few pictures. Head on, tilted(my usual way of wearing such caps) and sideways.

p8220204.jpg

p8220205.jpg

p8220207.jpg

St. Valentine

A-List Customer
Awesome! Great that you still were able to fetch your new cap from the post office guys.
I snatched my new Johnny-cap from the customs officers yesterday so pic´s will follow soon.

Johnny J

Call Me a Cab
Johnny, what do you use for brim material? Mostly the vintage ones seem to be card stock, or a really flexible plastic. (i.e. would it be easy to break it in, lose the brim flatness? I typically would tie a baseball in there with rubber bands to get the brim curled.)

bk

I use a thin flexible plastic sheet and cover it with thin interfacing. It is easy to break in. A lot more flexible than the ones in Retro Sport caps. Those are pretty stiff. I like my brim curled also, but most of the guys like it flat.

St. Valentine

A-List Customer
Ok guys, here we go: Another beautiful cap from Johnny is in Germany now. This time it´s a kind of "coming home" as it is a replica of an old german cap.
I can´t remember who posted the nice pic of a 50ies advert of this "INDRA" brand cap, but I wanted such a cap and couldn´t resist (as always...).

7476270282_036e0d1114_b.jpg

Lightheartedly I remarked that I wouldn´t mind having such a cap and Johnny jumped for it! ;) Be careful what you wish for.... :D
What can I say? Again it´s a piece of art, Johnny´s work getting better and better. The leather sweatband is very precisely sewn to the cap, it has a flashy red liner and even a little bow to mark the back of the cap. Unfortunately it was a near miss for the brand patch but there will be another cap for sure (can you hear me Johnny?).

It was saying "Wear Indra Mützen!" back in the days, but today I´d say "Wear Cordova caps!" :D

IndraMtzen.jpg

Please excuse my poor Photoshop skills, here´s one without the decoration:

DSCN3005.jpg

A big thank you goes to California again, keep up the good work Johnny! :eusa_clap

Last edited:
Ok guys, here we go: Another beautiful cap from Johnny is in Germany now. This time it´s a kind of "coming home" as it is a replica of an old german cap.
I can´t remember who posted the nice pic of a 50ies advert of this "INDRA" brand cap, but I wanted such a cap and couldn´t resist (as always...).
A big thank you goes to California again, keep up the good work Johnny! :eusa_clap

That was me. :) Looks fantastic! I will post this on my site if that is ok with you guys?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DavidZL