Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cordova Handmade Caps / Johnny J's work

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnny J

Call Me a Cab
That was me testing the vintage Singer zig zag sewing machine in downtown L.A. Great machine. Built like a tank! But I work at home right now and my place is not that big. I will take a couple of shots on friday when I have everything out.

Johnny J

Call Me a Cab
More Fabrics

I got this vintage wool herringbone with blue, red and yellow specks. Looks pretty cool:

IMG_0566.jpg

IMG_0564.jpg

I forgot that I still have this brown wool fabric like Che's cap:

IMG_0551.jpg

And this stripe linen like Wiser Hatter's cap:

DSC04670.jpg

And this lighter green donegal fabric:

IMG_0398.jpg

IMG_0400.jpg

TomS

One Too Many
My Cordova Cap has arrived!!!! Man, what a work of art!!!
IMG_0554.jpg

IMG_0552.jpg

The fabric I chose really make this look like a deadstock cap from the 20's!!
Johnny J :eusa_clap
I will get more!!!

absolutely amazing! I should just pull the trigger on one!

Johnny J

Call Me a Cab
I've been having a hard time finding the right workwear fabric for my caps. If anyone has any ideas of where I can get some nice workwear fabric, please send me a PM. I know that wabash japanese fabric would be awesome, but I spoke to a place in Beverly Hills asking how I can get some of that fabric to make some caps, and they told me that the fabric is exclusive for their clothing line. So, I took it like its almost impossible to get. I might be wrong, but if one of you guys finds a source, please let me know. I even sent emails to some denim companys in Japan and they have not responded.

But please let me know of any other kind of fabric that is more accessible.

Thanks!

Johnny J

Call Me a Cab
HEY CHEPSTOW !
I need some linen caps ! Johnny J (hint)........
too dam hot here My Cactus is Flowering,,,

I picked up some VTG Linen from late 1800s enough for 3 caps. 2 are called for, so 1 piece is left.

Also, I am working hard on a new addition to my Cordova Handmade Caps:

7476270282_036e0d1114_b.jpg

The prototype looks pretty cool and has great dimensions, hopefully will post up picks of the finished product by the weekend.

Last edited:

Chepstow

I'll Lock Up
Johnny, great job done! That Cap looks darn sharp, really. Was the Indira cap your inspiration?
PS. Is my cap already in work? ;)

Last edited:

St. Valentine

A-List Customer
Johnny, you nailed it! Even the pattern looks much coarser than I thought, I like that a lot. Great work again! :eusa_clap I will try to empty my inbox so you can reach me again (a bit tricky, I am not at home).

...oh, how I love prototypes... :D

The Wiser Hatter

I'll Lock Up
Nice work Johnny the front profile is dead on the Indra cap. I can see the work that it took to get from picture to real physical cap.
Cookie which of Marc's cap's do you like? All his pictures where pulled offline when he left. Did you save a copy of the picture of the cap in question. I think I have a copy of his cap head shots.

Is this the one?

marc_chevalier_newsboy_cap.jpg

This is a regular cut 8 dart.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo