Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cotton cossack jacket from Time Machine

dinomartino1

A-List Customer
I just bought this william cotton cossack jacket from a company called timemachine company in Indonesia when it arrives I will do a review.
The owner speaks good english and will provide additional measurents if you ask.
It comes in two colours.
Here are the shoulder measurements:
M= 46cm
L= 48cm
With shipping it works out at US$102 to the USA if you use the 10% off sign up to the email voucher

https://www.timechineco.com/

A review on youtube but in Indonesian

313c258117f4b13f0a3bfc9048304880.jpeg

04d1f3e4fb654a20e9d1e96ed58e251c.jpeg

Last edited:

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
My several yrs old, i got size S, i'm 175cm 60kilos
Screenshot_20230324_105948_Gallery.jpg
As with many heritage jacket sleeve repro here the sleeve is a bit too much spreading, so i hand stitch a dart from the top of the shoulder to halfway down to armpit to "fix" it
20230825_132822.jpg
20230825_132909.jpg
Screenshot_20221218-122500_Gallery.jpg
Other than that i love it, handwarmers a bit high but i like the look, its a short jacket anyway, i also streghthen the buttons thread also giving it a "neck" so the buttons looks well supported and not dangling when unused, just adding several more loop over the button and coiling thread several times to give a thick round neck gap under the button and secure the thread there.

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
I strongly disagree with that youtube rewiever who suggest the jacket to be made 2 or 3 cm longer lol what a joke a long cossack with waistband down to the hip, the handwarmer is high and the opening angle made it even unnatural to rest hands there but making it longer is not the solution, it is more a pocket than handwarmer, it can hold smaller phone or pocket tissue and gloves.

dinomartino1

A-List Customer
I strongly disagree with that youtube rewiever who suggest the jacket to be made 2 or 3 cm longer lol what a joke a long cossack with waistband down to the hip, the handwarmer is high and the opening angle made it even unnatural to rest hands there but making it longer is not the solution, it is more a pocket than handwarmer, it can hold smaller phone or pocket tissue and gloves.
Most of us here won't be able to understand what he says in the review but I agree a cossack jacket should not be long.

Marc mndt

I'll Lock Up
Hear hear, the cossack is a short style by design. Here's an original.

IMG_2360.jpeg
IMG_2361.jpeg

Edward

Bartender
Hear hear, the cossack is a short style by design.

Indeed. I suspect said Youtuber is looking at this from a modern perspective, against trousers that stop some way below the natural waist, and wanting to move the jacket down to match them, rather than the waistband up to match the jacket.

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
Indeed. I suspect said Youtuber is looking at this from a modern perspective, against trousers that stop some way below the natural waist, and wanting to move the jacket down to match them, rather than the waistband up to match the jacket.
I think they don't follow the low rise of the pants because nowadays pants are mid rise or higher, but rather people wear longer jacket to cover untucked long t-shirt, or long flannel or chambray shirt, or long hoodies,

Edward

Bartender
I think they don't follow the low rise of the pants because nowadays pants are mid rise or higher, but rather people wear longer jacket to cover untucked long t-shirt, or long flannel or chambray shirt, or long hoodies,

The untucking is definitely part of it.... I've no time for this stuff about "mid-rise", though - if it's lower than the natural waist, it's too low. They call it a waistband for a reason... ;)

TLW '90

Practically Family
That Forrest green delivery jacket is cool and the price sure is tempting, but I'd rather have no patch so I can put one with my own name on it.

dinomartino1

A-List Customer
The jacket arrived today and it's fantastic value for it's price, a new cossack jacket that costs less than a buzz ricksons t-shirt.
The owner? Tim speaks and writes good english so he can answer any questions you have, he seems like a really nice bloke from my dealings with him.
Packaging was good and the jacket was in zip lock platic bag and you get a 10% off voucher for your next order.
The cut is correct, high waisted and boxy body without stupidly long arms.
I don't know what oz. the cotton is but roughly around the same weight as an LVC denim jacket, a good summer/warm weather jacket.
It's well made, it does not look or feel cheap.
If I could change anything the sleeves could be bit wider but not a deal breaker at this price, I'm going to get the oilve as well after seeing this one.
There are two inside pockets and the cuffs are lined with corduroy.
I'm 5ft 6" 1/2 tall with a 31w and the size is M.
The jacket is still creased as just unpacked.
IMG_4383.jpeg
IMG_4384.jpeg

IMG_4366.jpeg
IMG_4365.jpeg

IMG_4386.jpeg
IMG_4387.jpeg

IMG_4389.jpeg
IMG_4390.jpeg

You can make the collar wider if you like it that way, just fold it back, but still creased from the packing.
IMG_4388.jpeg

Last edited:

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
This is what I mean by a lot of local heritage brand here has something to do on their shoulder post pattern, every single jacket i buy locally from several brands has this thing
Screenshot_20230916_055814_Gallery.jpg
I always do hand sewing alteration to fix them, however that size m surprisingly fit you well, i'm 5'9 (176cm) 58-60 kg i got size s

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner