Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cotton Pinstripe suit??

Edward

Bartender
I'm looking for a (preferably not too expensive, but half decent) pinstripe suit... problem is, I need it to be purple, and pinstriped.... I hit upon the half-cooked notion that I could dye to correct shade myself if it was all cotton (a nice, reasonably hefty drill), but not been able to find a cotton pinstripe suit anywhere... any ideas?

Edward

Bartender
Yeah, it's a Rorschach thing.... I'm having trouble finding anything with stripes in the purple. Wouldn't mind, normally, having something run up; I may have to resort to that yet, as Ebay is drawing a blank in my size.

Blackl3232

New in Town
Paul Fredrick makes a purple/white seersucker suit, probably not exactly what you're looking for, but it might be better than nothing. It looks like they're pretty much sold out on their website, you could give them a call and check though.

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
Edward said:
I could dye to correct shade myself
This has the scent of folly.

I suggest that you source the fabric yourself and have a low priced HK
traveling tailor make it up.

Mid-fogey

Practically Family
When you say...

...cotton and pin stripe, do you mean pincord? I've seen those in white and green, white and blue, and white and gray. I don't recall ever seeing white and purple.

In the US South, pincord is a slightly crisper and less wrinkled alternative to seersucker. As men have moved away from Summer suits, pincord has become harder and harder to find. This is definitely a warm weather suit.

You could check Haspel if that is what you are really looking for. They've been know to occasionally produce some unusual stripe colors from time to time.

Good luck.

Edward

Bartender
dhermann1 said:
So, vat does ziss look like to you? "Mmmm . . . sort of like a crazy guy spending a lot of money on a looney idea, doc." :p

:lol: Probably less crazy than the idea I had of getting hold of a set of Rorschach cards and having them framed and displayed as art pieces in my home.... :rolleyes:

mt_spiffy said:
What size and what is your budget?

I'm a 42R and currently a 38 ( :eek: ) in the wasit. Budget was to be as little as possible.... though having had a hunt at what's out there, Im' inreasingly considering having a 'real' suit run up that I can incorporate back into my regular wardrobe

M-F, that may be what I'm thinking of - the main idea was to avoid shrinkage if I needed to dye the cloth (I've heard of any number of folks try that with wool and end up with a shrunken suit lol ).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eve_grace