Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Could this be the latest craze in leather outerwear?

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
Actually, I do want one! I have ruined several shirts and pants while using the hand cutoff/grinder wheel, from all the hot sparks. This just reminds me how easy it would be to make my own.

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up
I have a friend in town who has one of these. He makes knives, and does all his own heat treating and machining of the steel. He also does the handles and leather sheaths for each knife. It's invaluable to him and has saves his clothes on many occassions. Pretty neat find there...

On Edit: Did you read this part of thier website: http://wootten.com.au/faq/slow-fashion/

That's something I could get behind and support deeply.

Last edited:

rocketeer

Call Me a Cab
We used to wear these at school for metalworking classes where we made things in the forge, cast aluminium items and all sorts of stuff on lathes and mills. back in the days when school children were not wrapped in cotton wool in case they hurt themselves a little.
For practical purposes it is a bit of a rip off at $280, more like a prop for that TV show Forged in Fire, you can still by them in rough unfinished leather. Around £20 from your local welding supplies. I have a new one at work but don't use it. Anyone wanna buy it ;)

AdeeC

Practically Family
We used to wear these at school for metalworking classes where we made things in the forge, cast aluminium items and all sorts of stuff on lathes and mills. back in the days when school children were not wrapped in cotton wool in case they hurt themselves a little.
For practical purposes it is a bit of a rip off at $280, more like a prop for that TV show Forged in Fire, you can still by them in rough unfinished leather. Around £20 from your local welding supplies. I have a new one at work but don't use it. Anyone wanna buy it ;)

Unlike other forms of work wear with fashion crossover potential this remains strictly work wear. I can't imagine someone using this at a flash home BBQ. There will be some seriously ugly staining.

Graemsay

Practically Family
Wootten are a couple of hundred metres from where I'm sitting. I've dropped by their shop a couple of times.

Their main focus is on shoes, and they're very nice: bench made, vegetable tanned leather, Vibram soles, etc.

I'd have figured them to be the sort of company that people here would appreciate.

AdeeC

Practically Family
Wootten are a couple of hundred metres from where I'm sitting. I've dropped by their shop a couple of times.

Their main focus is on shoes, and they're very nice: bench made, vegetable tanned leather, Vibram soles, etc.

I'd have figured them to be the sort of company that people here would appreciate.
I live quite close to their shop. Never heard of them before. Agree their shoes look great. Will have to visit and check them out. At least now they have some attention here.

I would go out tonight

One of the Regulars
I was going to try to post something 'hilarious' but browsing their site, it all looks well designed, thoughtful and good quality. Although I don't need an apron like that, I admire the design of the straps and hooks. If the pound was not going through the floor, I would consider one of their bags.
Thank you for the information

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy