Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

COW down

BD Jones

One of the Regulars
Matt Deckard said:
So what's the skinny?

When's she gonna be back and roaming around the ranch again?

I got an email yesterday stating that it was down to fix some security issues. I hope that nothing will be lost like the other time COW has been down. The strange thing is that there was no warning that it was going to be down. In fact, I posted a message and then did some searching on the board and within five minutes, it was down. Weird. For a second, I thought I broke the board.

Dalexs

Practically Family
BD Jones said:
I got an email yesterday stating that it was down to fix some security issues. I hope that nothing will be lost like the other time COW has been down. The strange thing is that there was no warning that it was going to be down. In fact, I posted a message and then did some searching on the board and within five minutes, it was down. Weird. For a second, I thought I broke the board.

The problem with posting warnings that the forum is going down, is that no one ever pays attention to them .
This was also done over the weekend. A message was posted with the exact time it was goingto be down. Wait, wait wait, 15 minutes later, people were still in various sections.
So the only thing you can do is just take it down and hope for the best.

The database has just been backed up. So when the board is brought back up, hopefully everything will be fine.

Based on information from the phpbb development site, this is a major preventivesecurity update.

Have patience. We'll be back.

BD Jones

One of the Regulars
Dalexs said:
The problem with posting warnings that the forum is going down, is that no one ever pays attention to them .
This was also done over the weekend. A message was posted with the exact time it was goingto be down. Wait, wait wait, 15 minutes later, people were still in various sections.
So the only thing you can do is just take it down and hope for the best.

The database has just been backed up. So when the board is brought back up, hopefully everything will be fine.

Based on information from the phpbb development site, this is a major preventivesecurity update.

Have patience. We'll be back.

I swear I did not see that post. Maybe I need to get my eyes checked.
Eyecrazy.gif

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy