Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cowboy Boots and Business Suits

jwalls

Vendor
Boots

I see nothing wrong with a unassuming pair of boots with a suit. You know like my red ostrich with riding heels.

DBLIII

One of the Regulars
Highlander said:
In Missouri, Highway 63 is pretty much the dividing line. West of Hwy 63, you may even see your banker in cowboy boots with a suit and a cowboy hat. East of Hwy 63 (where they call Pop, Soda), it would look somewhat out of place.

From just west of 63 -- and just east, too.
Common enough here that I don't hear anyone comment about it. But, there are cattle trailers running around here, also.

I'd say that in St. Louis, it would be different.

davestlouis

Practically Family
I work in St. Louis, and can't tell ya the last time I saw anyone in a suit with boots. My college roommate was from Sikeston, MO, and wore boots EVERYWHERE, but even he had Sebago loafers for dressing up.

There is a place in the employee handbook where I work that makes reference to boots and "western style suits" as being a no-no...so no boots and no scallops on suit coats.

PistolPete1969

One of the Regulars
I've been wearing my Justin Ropers a lot lately, for some odd reason. I don't wear suits, just jeans & a nice shirt. They are really comfortable, they take a shine really well, and are just the right amount of panache.

1961MJS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Hi

I work in aerospace and one of our USAF customers (then a Major) wore black low heel cowboy boots with his class A blues. He said that they were more comfortable, and since he only wore black ones it didn't show very much. He at least made Light Colonel before I lost track of him.

Personally, I think that your outfit should match. Jeans and boots, with most shirts looks o.k. Pin stripes and wing tips, cowboy boots and a western suit. I can't imagine brown cowboy boots with three piece pin-stripe suits, even though I own both. Of course, I also don't like taco pizza, not because of the taste, but "It's just WRONG." :rolleyes:

Later

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThomW