Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cowboy Boots

KY Gentleman

One Too Many
I recently picked up a pair of Bullhide Nocona boots. They are my favorites.
I have sworn by Dan Post and Justins before but these are really comfortable.

Sean

Familiar Face
Ok i have horses and live on a farm and both me and my dad have a pair os Chippewa snake boots. My dad got his first pair in 1995 and they still look brand new!!!!! They are grate for ridding and working in! and they dont look half bad eather.

23913a.jpg

http://www.snakeboots.com/

Best "Cowboy Boots"

The word "best" is subjective,what are you looking for style? function,there are alot of bootmakers out there the same as there are in everything made,but best,its hard to answer in my opinion.Buy what suits your needs,and take the advice of these knowledge loungers.

High Pockets

Practically Family
Ahhhh,.....finally found a subject that I've well versed in.:D
Fedoras and boaters,....not so much, but boots, that's a different story.

In order to be able to say; "So and so makes the best boot!",.....you have to compare it to all the other boots. Impossible to do.

Boots are like suits, "off the rack" will get you by,.....but if you want a boot to fit correctly, it's going to have to be made to fit your foot. And seeing as how much pounding your feet go through everyday, a boot made specifically for your foot is a lot more important than a good fittin' suit. Trust me,....after years of wearing off the rack boots, I quite literally wept on the way home from Okmulgee, Oklahoma in my first pair of custom-fitted hand-made boots.

Someone asked me a few days after I got them; "Why in the heck would you spend six hundred and fifty dollars on a pair of boots????"
And I answered; "Cause I've got six or seven hundred dollars worth of boots in my closet that hurt my feet!"

If the boots in a western store are to your liking and they don't fit too badly, wonderful. However, if you want tears to come to your eyes 'cause your tootsies have never felt so good,....I highly recommend finding a good boot maker and having a pair made. But do some research first, there are shortcuts that some of even the good makers take that will effect the lifespan of your investment.

Besides you get to pick the style of everything from the boot pulls to color of the multi rowed stitching,...you literally design your own boot. That first pair of mine is copied after the style of the 1940's Pee Wees. I'll see if I can figure out how to post a picture.:)

High Pockets

Practically Family
Well dang,....I don't have sufficient privileges to post photos yet. Maybe I have to have posted so many times or something.

Anyhow, I think it was Highlander who said something about Blucher Boots,....that's who I use, and so did John Wayne,.....I got to place my stinky old foot on the same piece of paper he had his on back in the 1940's!
His pencil traced feet were just a wee bit larger than mine.

ClothesHorse

Familiar Face
I've only got 30 or so pair. I've found the most comfortable to be the ones that fit best.

I've got T.O. Stanley's, Nocona, Dan Post, Luchesse, Justin, Rios Mercedes, Blutcher (Custom Made in OK- My Favorites), Loveless (OKC, Customs), Redwings, RM Williams (Aussie). To name a few.

Like all the others have said- Buy natural Hides, and buy the pair that fits your foot!

It was always a great Saturday (or Sunday) when Dad would line his boots up light to dark and start cleaning a polishing each pair. The man never owned a pair of dress shoes- just dress boots, coat and tie, or suit and tie-everyday for 40+ years of work.

Boots and a good hat- you can go anywhere.

CH

Carlisle Blues

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Mr. 'H' said:
I've been eying up Lucchese Classics. Are those 3rd from left Lucchese Classics in the "Black Cherry" Goat leather? How do they hold up?

My Lucchese Classics are fabulous!!!!! They fit like a glove. I walk in them all day. They are true to size and are worth every penny. Did I say I like em???;)

Carlisle Blues

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Mr. 'H' said:
Cool! So they're the black cherry color, right?

No Mr H. I have exotics see previous post one page back I beleive.. My point is Classics will withstand an "atom bomb" as it was stated by a Lucchese employee. Besides depending on where you buy it Lucchese will accept returns. I buy mine direct from Lucchese.

IMG_0643_edited-1.jpg

Richard Warren

Practically Family
I have several pair of Lucchese Classics as well as Lucchese 2000's. The Classics were more expensive and supposedly made in a more traditional way (e.g., with wooden pegs instead of metal tacks). There's really not much difference in overall quality, which is pretty good in comparison to what else is readily available. The 2000's are sort of padded, which you may or may not care for. They both cost more than you think they should.

I have had some goat skin Classics (if I remember correctly from before they were calling them Classics). The have been quite durable.

carouselvic

I'll Lock Up
Mr. 'H' said:
I've been eying up Lucchese Classics. Are those 3rd from left Lucchese Classics in the "Black Cherry" Goat leather? How do they hold up?

They are Lucchese 2000 and are kangaroo.

roperdad

New in Town
I have to agree with some previous posters and encourage you to take a look at Rios of Mercedes. Off the rack, but as good as you can get without going custom IMO.

I've owned many pairs of better quality boots over the years and I keep going back to the Rios. Hide choice depends on your intended use and they offer about everything. They are a mid-price point boot that look good and wear well. At least give them a look-

Mr. 'H'

Call Me a Cab
As I've said before, I'm really enjoying this thread and finding it really informative. There's little to no information from other sources around where I live. So I'm going to throw this one out there and ask for opinions. I am seriously considering pulling the pin on these boots, but it's a fair amount of dough and I want to make sure I'm getting the right pair. Oh and I believe in getting the best I can in terms of classic styling/ assembly and a pair that will last a lifetime.

These are running at $431.99 thru Grapevinehill on the 'Bay. 6 week lead in time - should have them for the holidays. Any thoughts (also on sizing - do they run large/small?). They're goat btw. Thanks. :)

LUCCHESECLASSICSL1505COWBOYBOOTSMen.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy