Cowboy Boots

Discussion in 'General Attire & Accoutrements' started by Jack Scorpion, May 17, 2005.

1. AbbaDatDeHat

AbbaDatDeHat I'll Lock Up

Lots of character there Richard!!
    I like em!!
    B

Richard Morgan and Desert dog like this.
  2. Richard Morgan

Richard Morgan One Too Many

Damn those are nice boots Bowen

AbbaDatDeHat likes this.
  3. AbbaDatDeHat

Thank you Richard! Not to brag but they are a dissertation in quality craftmanship when compared to some/all of my regular brand boots, all be some of them nice.

I am naming them my..”Bama Bonds”
    I honor of the fine gentleman that pointed them out to me and walked my simple self through bootdom.
    Thanks All.
    B

Bamaboots and Desert dog like this.
  4. Mercer

Mercer Familiar Face

I had that same Tony Lama style at one time! I know for certain it's USA-made.

Richard Morgan likes this.
  5. belfastboy

belfastboy I'll Lock Up

My sad boot purchase story that has a happy ending .....been stalking a pair of Justin full quill ropers 10EE on Ebay. Just before the listing ran out I submitted an offer, I thought a fair offer but not insultingly low. The listing expired with no word. The next day a pair of these boots showed up in my alerts at the same price that I offered. I mistakenly thought it was the seller offering the boots I had submitted my offer on. I hit the BIN and was so pleased to have scored my desired boots......until I realized I was mistaken, different boots entirely, in a 10D. Too embarrassed to try and cancel I let it run the course. Boots arrived, superb condition, ostrich hide is pristine and the sole close to new as well.. The fit while a bit tight is not bad at all. I conditioned, polished, edge dressed and they now look close to new

So I realize that ropers are not really cowboy boots but pretty close!

6. Richard Morgan

Thanks, good to know

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Richard Morgan

85F50BCB-0E4B-42AF-8EAD-26AFE97AD77D.jpeg CA3B048E-F96B-42B2-B584-B073D04AE6EC.jpeg A0CB9FD9-BCA6-4A76-B46E-F4201EC0D9CB.jpeg 34C4A44D-D79E-4A59-8F71-7DA54AA57156.jpeg B3BA814A-459D-4E65-A48B-13D94EC265F9.jpeg Tony lama Black label. I’m guessing from the 80s. If you think otherwise let me know.

8. Bamaboots

Bamaboots

I think your spot on. Great looking pair!

Richard Morgan likes this.
  9. belfastboy

belfastboy I'll Lock Up

I just scored a (for me) grail boot. Paul Bond, (off the rack not custom) plain round toe and fairly plain upper in immaculate condition except for damage to one of the "pull holes" on the shaft. Looks like someone was careless with boot hooks and tore the hole a bit. A very repairable rip. Other than that the lowers are immaculate. There was no BIN but just before the auction ended I contacted the seller with a reasonable offer and they accepted. I think the collection is complete and I can end the hunt.....now what will I do?

10. Bamaboots

Bamaboots

Post some pics?

dh66 likes this.
  11. belfastboy

belfastboy I'll Lock Up

Yes, will pick them up next week and will post

Desert dog likes this.
  12. Desert dog

Desert dog My Mail is Forwarded Here

13. Bamaboots

Bamaboots

To me, some of their best offerings during this time.

Desert dog and Richard Morgan like this.
  14. Richard Morgan

And good looking TLs they are. Thanks DD

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Desert dog likes this.
  15. RJR

RJR

Boots-Black Jack-Elephant 1.jpg
    Black Jack elephant today.

16. Bamaboots

Bamaboots

Wearing some elephants today as well, Bob. Those are some great looking skins on those boots. Black Jack makes a fine boot. Had a pair of smooth ostrich.

Desert dog likes this.
  17. AbbaDatDeHat

626F9D06-769F-4BEA-8A84-AC41C2C572BE.jpeg B7AD538E-D872-4B6F-913E-BDF90D5178E9.jpeg B78ABBBF-1E02-4619-A161-279FE061B11E.jpeg 583E8413-C62B-495E-AD55-C697E1BA352F.jpeg D9BB526A-D925-403A-BFB5-4A69FFA3A10A.jpeg Greetings All:
    Well...i thought i’d update the 77 Paul Bonds aka Bama Bonds. I haven’t worn them because it was suggested i treat the leather since they were so old. Seemed wise to me. Willow allowed me to get the right bottoms so far.
    I’m using Pecards Antique Leather Dressing. This stuff is magic on leather. I have brought back 50’s-60’s very thick motorcycle jackets from the dead with it. The Smithsonian supposedly uses it. I figure they know. Works great on boots too.
    These are light colored. Pics show a nice golden hue.
    Be well. Bowen

18. George Dombeck

George Dombeck New in Town

What, wait, there is an internet thread about cowboy boots? Others have my sickness? Done the whole "Cheap" boot thing years ago and still got bit last week. Spotted a pair of Justin ropers in black. Up here in Minnesota you don't wear cowboys boots in winter, ropers are the closest thing. I wore them all day Saturday, very comfortable.
    Sat down to clean and condition them only to discover the horrible "Man made" printed on the inside. Oh crap. I hate plastic boots.
    Just scored a pair of red wing ropers on ebay, they are all leather. Ropers to go along with my Tony Lama "Urban cowboy", my Lucchese Turquoise/navy blues, black & red flame Mexicans, and my Lizard, wing tips ($10 @ second hand store).
    Allways looking for inlaided, colored singing cowboy type boots. Glad to be here, geo

19. belfastboy

belfastboy I'll Lock Up

I started out on this forum strictly for the fedoras but found this boot forum and damn it is a slippery slope......I have standards, they may be low but I do have them and the big one with boots is no "man made" anything allowed. With hats and wool jackets it is no moth holes. Welcome there is a wealth of knowledge here on all things cowboy boot.

Desert dog likes this.
  20. George Dombeck

George Dombeck New in Town

Well, I know better. I should have looked them over more closely.