Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cowboy Boots

Peacoat

Bartender
Found this thread by googling “Leon, Mexico, boots” as I am hoping to visit Leon this fall. This past summer I was In San Antonio and contacted Little’s Boots. Made a call to see if they stocked elephant and the cost. Got fitted the next day. The Alabama scripted “A” is quite subtle. My daughter is a recent grad. The second pair is by Jim Brainard out of Parker, Co., and is a sample of a pair I have being made. Found out a few days ago from my cobbler that Boot Barn put in a store in Manchester, Connecticut. Their first New England location. May check it out when I am in the area. Don’t expect to purchase any boots. Rusty
Welcome to the Lounge. PC

Mercer

One of the Regulars
New Christmas addition to my boot collection — Lucchese sunset suede ropers.

8FF43529-0741-484F-89A5-A4EA6542D659.jpeg
126A65D5-245A-4E90-BD82-394FC709741A.jpeg
4F0CCA39-24CE-4D29-9753-373101AC983F.jpeg
501EA624-207C-4C0C-AF65-1A57531E25A5.jpeg
99863B3B-3270-432C-BF5E-8708AD05F127.jpeg

Lorinz

Familiar Face
I was really looking into getting a nice pair of Lucchese Caiman boots, namely these: Charles

I wanted this boot for a while and were going to treat myself to something nice and get it. But I wondered what people thought of it and especially if Caiman is hard to keep in nice condition. Is it difficult to take care of?

I was really looking into getting a nice pair of Lucchese Caiman boots, namely these: Charles

I wanted this boot for a while and were going to treat myself to something nice and get it. But I wondered what people thought of it and especially if Caiman is hard to keep in nice condition. Is it difficult to take care of?
Go for it. I have 2 pair of caiman boots, one of which I wear to work on a fairly regular basis. It's a lot softer than it looks like it would be, but still very scuff resistant. I have conditioned them but never used any wax polish. Just brush the dust off and they're good to go. Definitely happy with both pairs.

Lorinz

Familiar Face
Go for it. I have 2 pair of caiman boots, one of which I wear to work on a fairly regular basis. It's a lot softer than it looks like it would be, but still very scuff resistant. I have conditioned them but never used any wax polish. Just brush the dust off and they're good to go. Definitely happy with both pairs.

You wear Caiman to work regularly? Do you get worried about scuffing them or cracking or anything? I ask because a lot of the stuff I see on this material tends to be negative, with people saying Caiman is real prone to cracking.

Edit: Anyone can give their input on Lucchese Black Cherry and how difficult it is to maintain that color? Someone in a thread I made mentioned using Lincoln wax and Moneysworth(this company sadly may have gone out of business) in layers to try and maintain it. Anyone else with experience with this color can chime in? The boot in question I am thinking of specifically is the Gavin in Black Cherry, if that matters.

Last edited:
You wear Caiman to work regularly? Do you get worried about scuffing them or cracking or anything? I ask because a lot of the stuff I see on this material tends to be negative, with people saying Caiman is real prone to cracking.

Edit: Anyone can give their input on Lucchese Black Cherry and how difficult it is to maintain that color? Someone in a thread I made mentioned using Lincoln wax and Moneysworth(this company sadly may have gone out of business) in layers to try and maintain it. Anyone else with experience with this color can chime in? The boot in question I am thinking of specifically is the Gavin in Black Cherry, if that matters.
I usually wear them for days that I have to go to meetings, but I have worn them out on a construction site a few times and into a flooded boiler room. So far no ill effect. I keep the dirt brushed off best I can and use Bick 4 or Cadillac conditioner on them. Granted, mine are a pair of Los Altos and a pair of El Presidente, both Mexican brands, and combined they cost less than that one pair of Lucchese.

As to the color, I can't address that. I would imagine you'd want to use a clear or neutral polish on the black cherry, but as I said, all I've ever done has been to use conditioner. They don't scuff easily. Not so far, anyway.

sal

One of the Regulars

I have a pair of Lucchese Ostrich in Black Cherry. I use Bickmore products and have not had any issues maintaining the color. Dry happy with the boots. Clint model

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner