Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cowboy Boots

Appreciate that, Cuz...a damn fine distraction on my lunch break.

Great story and a cool lady.
Thanks for sharing Greg.
Thanks, guys. Here's a favorite story of mine from her.

"These boots are based on an old Olsen Stelzer design. When I was measuring the lady she said, "I want a pair of boots with an oil derrick on them, because my family was in oil." I thought, "That's cool for you; my family was in poverty!" but I was smart enough to not voice that thought."
1657120530475.png

Manly Footwear

New in Town
Has anyone had any dealings with the Paul Bond crew lately?

I will be in the area and thinking about making the drive out. It’s been a couple years since I last worked with them.

Seems like they have had some management turn over. Wondering if the production has held up.

red devil

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Thanks for your help earlier, I got this pair from Heritage boots while I was in Austin

28gZoTX.jpg

DkWxwHE.jpg

Kuiu12L.jpg

LTXc4dI.jpg

I have also entered the queue with Lee Miller from Texas Traditions. I am hoping to know exactly what I want by the time my turn comes up

Edit: Forgot to ask, how do you keep your boots, do you use shoe trees? Are there some that are specific to western boots? At Heritage boots they told me they simply stuff them with paper.

jonbuilder

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I use boot trees like a roll of foam to keep the boot shafts from collapsing especially around the angle. Watch the Lee miller video Bamaboots posted a couple of posts above your post to see the wood boot trees with a wedge to adjust

Ken Paulson

New in Town
EEEE Feet

Can anyone recommend a source for very wide cowboy boots?
My feet are very wide. I expect I'll have to find someone who
does custom work, though who knows- maybe someone makes them?

Ideally I'd also go for the squared off ones. I'm not looking for
work boots like the Justins or the Redwings - I can get those
no problem. Looking for something a little nicer.

I had a pair made in Spain and the bootmaker said he'd never
seen feet like mine before.

Feltfan
White's will make your boots to order so unusual sizing shouldn't be a problem. I wear 8EEE. Send them the measurements of your feet and they should be able to help you out.

MrBaho

New in Town
I posted the first, this will be the last; mine anyway. Got his boots. This guy wears me out at times. I get that I'm not in his demographic but damn, I don't remember getting "dressed" to pick up my boots.
Hell Kirby wears a tie to shine shoes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OldBoot