Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cowboy Boots

Roger

A-List Customer
Are Mongols cowboys or horsemen?

I wouldn't consider the Mongols cowboys, but horsemen. I don't believe there are any cattle or sheep ranches in outer Mongolia or China. These western boots are works of art. The craftsmanship that goes into the making of a pair is stupendous. We don't have anything like that in New England. I haven't been to Texas, but it seems worth a week or two to explore.:cheers1:

Biltmore Bob

Suspended
Their are only two things Texans are afraid of....

... and that's Catholics with footballs and Yankees with U Hauls.

Roger said:
I wouldn't consider the Mongols cowboys, but horsemen. I don't believe there are any cattle or sheep ranches in outer Mongolia or China. These western boots are works of art. The craftsmanship that goes into the making of a pair is stupendous. We don't have anything like that in New England. I haven't been to Texas, but it seems worth a week or two to explore.:cheers1:

My point was, with the exception of the Goucho and those Italians of Riccardo's, the American West (and that includes Canada) is typically where you attribute the Cowboy and Cowboy acrouterments. Therefore any Cowboy boot made in China would be considered an abomination.

Lincsong

I'll Lock Up
Not that 8th Century Mongol Boots

Biltmore Bob said:

My point was, with the exception of the Goucho and those Italians of Riccardo's, the American West (and that includes Canada) is typically where you attribute the Cowboy and Cowboy acrouterments. Therefore any Cowboy boot made in China would be considered an abomination.
The Mongolian's are a little too fancy for me. I don't like to call that much attention to my feet.

varga49

One of the Regulars
So anyway...

If you're going custom, come visit Texas. Take you time and talk to 3 or 4 well known bootmakers then you can make your decision! :cheers1:

Roger

A-List Customer
Footballs and trailers

Biltmore Bob said:

I too fear Yankees with U-Hauls. For every U-Haul out of New England that means there's one less sane family. I meant that the Western Boots on the sites from Texas and Arizona are works of art. Not the Mongol boots, or something made in China. You just may see this Yankee pulling up in a U-Haul in Texas soon. New England just keeps getting worse and worse. :cheers1:

K.D. Lightner

Call Me a Cab
I agree with works of art. I have a few pair of Champion boots and Longhorn boots that I got when they were selling on ebay a few years ago. They are so beautiful, I could display them. They look like the boots those singing cowboys used to wear.

If I find any photos of them, will post. I have a purple pair with flowers and decorations running through it, great cowgirl boots -- and they fit well, too.

Mostly, I love those hand-tooled boots.

I have a friend who told me I should move to El Paso someday and would possibly do so just to see all the boots and bootmakers there.

karol

Lincsong

I'll Lock Up
WOW!

K.D. Lightner said:
OK, here is one photo. I have the blue and bone white boots with red trim, not the other pair.

http://caboots.zoovy.com/product/1CUSTRIB

They are a tribute to Roy Rogers.

Real beauties and fun to wear on the 4th of July....

karol
Thanks for the info. on this site. Those elephants are awesome. Too nice for what I'll be wearing this pair for, but, definetly something to save up for later this year.;)

varga49

One of the Regulars
Hey Karol!

you might appreciate this website..there's this little shop in Wimberly Texas called The Wildweststore, we came across the other day. It was closed but looking inside they had a hundred or so pairs of vintage boots. We're going back!
http://www.koolboots.com/

The Captain

One of the Regulars
Acme Boots

Back in the dark ages, I wore a lot of Acme boots. They were inexpensive and fit my meager funds. If I had known they were going to be "vintage boots" some day, I would have taken better care of them. Here is a photo of me back in Omaha at a local stable. The year was 1951.
55131479.Mr.Boots.jpg

Lincsong

I'll Lock Up
I'd go to Texas just for the boots...

you might appreciate this website..there's this little shop in Wimberly Texas called The Wildweststore, we came across the other day. It was closed but looking inside they had a hundred or so pairs of vintage boots. We're going back!
http://www.koolboots.com/[/QUOTE] and your barbeque is supposed to also be good. Right?:hamburger

K.D. Lightner

Call Me a Cab
varga49: Thanks for the website, I will keep my eye on koolboots!

Captain: Oh, boy, those Acmes would be popular today on Ebay. There would be a bidding war!

Lincsong: The elephants boots are cool looking, pretty pricey, but not as bad as Rocketbusters and some of those exotics.

karol

Lincsong

I'll Lock Up
Fly me to the moon, let me swing among them stars;

Lincsong: The elephants boots are cool looking, pretty pricey, but not as bad as Rocketbusters and some of those exotics.

Let me see what things are like on Jupiter and Mars.:cheers1: In otherwords; Rocketbusters.:cool2:

varga49

One of the Regulars
I've got a...

Biltmore Bob said:
...smoked over mesquite wood for a day or two. Don't even need to chew it.
..good BBQ pit made out of 20in. waterpipe. Whenever you come with that fedora we'll do a brisket maybe some ribs too! Nice photo op!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MichaelSturm