Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cowboy Hat Makeover

Naltak

New in Town
I recently found a Stetson Tyler at a flea market for 3 dollars and decided it would make a good hat to practice on since it was my size. I wish I had taken a picture of it before I did anything, but the first picture in this post looks just like it except for the color. I cut the brim down to 2 3/4 inches and reshaped the crown and brim using a spray bottle with cold water and let it dry overnight.

I'm not to adept with a needle and thread so my wife sowed the bow and band on for me. I realize the 3 vent holes on the side may not be the perfect look for a fedora, but I think it will make an okay field hat for work. I like it much better than the original. The last picture is my reinvented Stetson Tyler Fedora on my noggin.

StetsonTyler.jpg

StetsonTyler2.jpg

StetsonTyler3.jpg

I know it's not perfect but I am tickled pink and now I know I can shape my new mid brown Akubra Campdraft when it gets here.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy