Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cravat experts please

dr greg

One Too Many
I found a box of these, but they are more like ties, except for the fact that they are 9 inches shorter than any other tie that I have, and impossible to do even a 4-in-hand on without it ending up the length of a bib,
any idea...nice patterns and fabric tho. Sorry about broad shot, cropping not working on my photo prog.
220662crav5.BMP

774911crav4.BMP

Burma Shave

One of the Regulars
I have a couple...

...that are apparently very similar in shape, length and make (unlined, etc.). They were my great-grandfather's, from what I remember, and date to the early 40s. The two I have are both tan/green/brown plaid, somewhat coarsely woven, have no liner material, are very wide at the wide end and very narrow at the narrow end, and in the "neck" region have a sewn-in reinforcement of some sort. Certainly an odd tie, but I wear them frequently -- tied in a four-in-hand, fluffed up a bit and tucked into a vest. If I ever find some like them at a vintage store, I'll get them.

dr greg

One Too Many
table

That's some sort of office or school table with a centre drawer, the timber edging is Silky Oak, a highly prized local timber that was popular in the 30's. I've planted several to make up for it. I used to work in demolition, so I have several old pieces from old offices etc.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR