Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

CRAZY HAT IDEA...

Status
Not open for further replies.

WEEGEE

Practically Family
HOUSTON, WEST COAST, MIDDLE AMERICA , EUROPE AND ALL LIFT OFF

Ten hours of solitude no family no work some jazz and amazing scenic views.

I lived free and hit no moose.

Aaron has a nice shop and great ideas for the future.

The HAT is safe in Albany, New York

STAY TUNED ...SOME HAT TIME ...SAME HAT SITE

Siirous

One of the Regulars
I'd love to get a picture of the hat on the UCF (University of Central Florida) campus sometime. I know florida has a strong member showing but I haven't heard them chime in yet!

Sincerely,
Rob

SHARPETOYS

Call Me a Cab
Siirous said:
I'd love to get a picture of the hat on the UCF (University of Central Florida) campus sometime. I know florida has a strong member showing but I haven't heard them chime in yet!

Sincerely,
Rob

I'm in and just a few miles from you so a hand off would be easy!:cheers1:

Siirous

One of the Regulars
Sharpetoys, whenever it makes it's way to Florida, sounds like a plan!

Before the hat really starts in on it's travels too much and this thread really gets huge, it might be a good idea to have a seperate "Hat Travel Documentation" thread that we could post pictures in over the months.

Sincerely,
Rob

Baggers

Practically Family
Siirous said:
Sharpetoys, whenever it makes it's way to Florida, sounds like a plan!

Before the hat really starts in on it's travels too much and this thread really gets huge, it might be a good idea to have a seperate "Hat Travel Documentation" thread that we could post pictures in over the months.

Sincerely,
Rob

And did we ever settle the issue of a journal of some kind to accompany it in it's travels? It would be nice to have something in which to scribble greetings, paste photos, whatever. Sort of like the Indiana Jones journal currently making it's way around the world.

And oh yeah, please don't forget North Texas! I'm down here and ready to hand off to any of the Central Texas people. Heck, I'll even make the trip and meet BB halfway!

Cheers!

Baggers

Practically Family
Can you get Weegee's address and mail it to him before it moves on?

Considering what the Fedora Lounge is all about it just seems wrong not having something "Golden Age" in which to document the journey. It would be sadly ironic if the only record of it's passage was digital.

Besides, it would be a great opportunity for everyone to give their fountain pens a workout! :cheers1:

Cheers!

WEEGEE

Practically Family
MOLESKINE

I HAVE A SPARE 8x5 inch Moleskine Sketch Book that i can send along

for the journey.

Moleskine is the legendary notebook that the European artists and intellectuals who made twentieth-century culture used: from Henri Matisse to the turn-of-the-century Parisian avant-garde, from Louis Férdinand Céline to Ernest Hemingway
http://www.moleskine.co.uk/
:cheers1:

Baggers

Practically Family
The larger size would allow folks to get a bit more expressive with their entries, as well as being able to insert little artifacts like photos or postcards or whatever.

Cheers!

JPS

New in Town
Texas Howdy!

Brothers and Sisters of the Traveling Hat--

This is just the ticket to pull me out of the shadows of unregistered membership with this wacky bunch. I send an enthusiastic “Hello� from West Texas to all of you (or, as they say here, to all o’ ya all)! How do I get my name on the list to receive “The Hat?� I could get a picture of it at the Buddy Holly Memorial, at Prairie Dog Town, or maybe on the head of Bobby Knight himself! Sounds exciting, eh? I will be following the progress of “The Hat� with baited breath. It’s nice to know you!

JPS

Not-Bogart13

Call Me a Cab
Extra Benefits

You know, this travelling hat thing has a couple of bonus positive effects for certain members. Since it's an Akubra, people who have never seen one will finally see what sort of hat they make. If they always wanted to compare a Squatter to a Fedoration, now they can. Those who haven't seen that color in person finally will! All that, and a chance to be a world-renouned member of the Fedora Lounge's Charitable Travelling Hat Club! :cheers1:

Crookshanks

New in Town
What a wonderful idea!

I'm in if anyone feels like taking a little trip to the northen part of Europe :)

What's going on with the hat at the moment? Did you come up with a name? The sketch book idea sounds great and so does the idea of having a "Hat Travel Documentation" thread as Siirous said. Maybe even a "Hat Travel Documentation" web page will be needed later on. I'd love to help with that but my computer/html/homepage/ skills are appalling so I better stay out of it.

Jake

One of the Regulars
Wisconsin is ready for the hat as well. Once here it can be transported by air with-in say a 300 mile radius. that's about all the fuel I can afford for this....Jake

Andykev

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
San Fanciscio, open your Golden Gate!

What about the idea of "signing" your name on the underside of the brim? The hat could become quite valuable in that respect. Then auciton it off for all the Lounge membership.....funds could go to supporting MK's bandwith? Or charity?
Send the puppy on a long route, thru the Golden Gate!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points