Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Crazy Italians

dhermann1

I'll Lock Up
I saw a 60 Minutes piece on Agnelli years ago. He wears his watch on the outside of his shirt cuff, and wears button down collars with the corners unbuttoned. Just plain odd.

dhermann1

I'll Lock Up
Me too. That's why I carry a pocket watch. Can't stand the sensation of anything attached to by body like that. That's why I also don't wear rings.

Jerekson

One Too Many
The title got me. I'm very Italian and I simply came in here to acknowledge the fact that I am crazy. :rage: :p :rage: :p

:D

As far as the cuff-thing goes, I hate it. It's kind of cool, but...I dunno.

It just bugs me.

WideBrimm

A-List Customer
dhermann1 said:
Me too. That's why I carry a pocket watch. Can't stand the sensation of anything attached to by body like that. That's why I also don't wear rings.

You took the words right out of my mouth! Wear a pocket watch :)
The idea of wearing a wrist watch over the cuff seems a bit tacky to me. :eek: Just not my cup of tea.

BegintheBeguine

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Does anybody really know what time it is?

Well, I'm a chick so I don't think I'll wear that particular cuff but I've also been a tailor and I like seeing weird innovations. And I was an Italophile so the title of the thread drew me in with unexpected results. I'd like to see a gent wearing this in person.

CharlieH.

One Too Many
Tain't my cup of tea either. I really like to pull back my sleeve, shake my arm to put the watch in its proper place and hold it to check the time. It gives a rather ceremonious touch to the act.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner