Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Crochet anyone?

BeBopBaby

One Too Many
CanadaDoll said:
That is so cool Miss N! I never thought of that even being possible, it sounds very environmentally friendly too!:D :eusa_clap

Please do post some photos of the process and the results when you get a chance, I'm really curious to see what it's like.:)

Making totes made from recycled shopping bags is really popular with knitters on various forums, but have yet to try making one myself. Here's some patterns if you're curious as to how they look:

http://knit-cycle-read.blogspot.com/2007/06/recycled-bag-bag.html

http://www.diynetwork.com/diy/cr_needle_arts/article/0,,DIY_13768_3059465,00.html

You just cut the bags into strips and knit them like regular yarn. Another popular idea is to make throw rugs from them. They're supposed to make good bath mats.

RetroBabydoll

A-List Customer
BeBopBaby said:
Making totes made from recycled shopping bags is really popular with knitters on various forums, but have yet to try making one myself. Here's some patterns if you're curious as to how they look:

http://www.diynetwork.com/diy/cr_needle_arts/article/0,,DIY_13768_3059465,00.html

You just cut the bags into strips and knit them like regular yarn. Another popular idea is to make throw rugs from them. They're supposed to make good bath mats.

What a neat idea!! Thank you!:D

Girl Friday

Practically Family
I've got some black buttons for their eyes, but I haven't put them on yet...I kind of like them without...

DSC01466.jpg

~*Red*~

Practically Family
Girl Friday, those are SOOOOOOOO CUTE! I kinda like them with no eyes either.. makes them look lovedlol

CanadaDoll

Practically Family
BeBopBaby said:

That is so neat, and they turn out very pretty! Thanks you sharing those sites BeBop, I learned something new today!:D

RetroBabydoll

A-List Customer
doll026.jpg

doll025.jpg

I finally finished my first crochet project. I made a scarf using double and triple crochet. I also added some starbursts.....I wanted to add my own touch to it. It's okay for a first time. :)

BeBopBaby

One Too Many
RetroBabydoll said:
doll026.jpg

doll025.jpg

I finally finished my first crochet project. I made a scarf using double and triple crochet. I also added some starbursts.....I wanted to add my own touch to it. It's okay for a first time. :)

Um, hellooo... That looks utterly fantastic for a first time!

StellaLuna

New in Town
I'm a 'Happy Hooker'!

Hello! I just love this thread! I've been crocheting for about a year now and own a copy of Stitch-n-bitch crochet. I recently completed my first garment using the 'cupcake' pattern in the book. It's not exactly vintage, but I thought I'd share :D
Ryans30th005.jpg

RetroBabydoll

A-List Customer
StellaLuna said:
Hello! I just love this thread! I've been crocheting for about a year now and own a copy of Stitch-n-bitch crochet. I recently completed my first garment using the 'cupcake' pattern in the book. It's not exactly vintage, but I thought I'd share :D
Ryans30th005.jpg

Such a great job! I can't wait till I can do that. That's so nice and I like how you put a ribbon in the collar part.

StellaLuna

New in Town
You can do it!

Thanks Retrobaby!
If you can make that beautiful scarf - you can do this! I was so intimidated to attempt a garment and came to find that it was pretty simple. The key is a good pattern and plenty of patience! ;)

RetroBabydoll

A-List Customer
StellaLuna said:
Thanks Retrobaby!
If you can make that beautiful scarf - you can do this! I was so intimidated to attempt a garment and came to find that it was pretty simple. The key is a good pattern and plenty of patience! ;)

If only I could read patterns. They seem so confusing, but I think I should pick up stitch n' bitch this weekend. Thank you.

CanadaDoll

Practically Family
I know I'm a little late on this, but Stella that blouse is really adorable on you, you did such a nice job on it.:eusa_clap

And RetroBabyDoll you're scarf is so fun, I love the colour and the way you personalised it with the starbursts, :)

Lotus Leroux

One of the Regulars
StellaLuna,

Such a nice job on the sweater! I have some vintage sweater patterns
and I am dying to start one. You have motivated me to get out my
hook and get going on one!

:eek:fftopic: Where in South Florida are you? I am in Stuart.

StellaLuna

New in Town
Lotus Leroux said:
StellaLuna,

:eek:fftopic: Where in South Florida are you? I am in Stuart.

Hi Lotus - Sorry to reply here, but I was having trouble sending you a personal message. Perhaps you could try sending me one and then I could respond. I'm about and hour and a half south of you in Sunrise, west of Ft. Lauderdale. :D

Lotus Leroux

One of the Regulars
Hi StellaLuna,

I believe you need to get 15 posts and then you can PM. I tried to PM you
too but did not see the option available. So, I will PM you when I am able. Good to know you aren't too far from where I am. It would be neat to get together for a day of crocheting and crafting! :)

RetroBabydoll

A-List Customer
CanadaDoll said:
I know I'm a little late on this, but Stella that blouse is really adorable on you, you did such a nice job on it.:eusa_clap

And RetroBabyDoll you're scarf is so fun, I love the colour and the way you personalised it with the starbursts, :)

Thank you so much! :D

ohairas

Call Me a Cab
You're a natural!! :eusa_clap
It's wonderful, you go girl!

Stella your brown sweater is devine, great work!
Nikki

RetroBabydoll said:
doll026.jpg

doll025.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot