Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Crushable Straw Fedora

Bugleboy10

New in Town
Any recommendations for a decent crushable straw fedora (preferably around 2-2.5" brim) that won't break the bank so I can feel confident stuffing it in my backpack on hikes and other outings?

RJR

Any recommendations for a decent crushable straw fedora (preferably around 2-2.5" brim) that won't break the bank so I can feel confident stuffing it in my backpack on hikes and other outings?
By its very nature straw will crease,crack and break when crushed and folded.I think most here recommend something "Tilley type" for what you want to do.

tropicalbob

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I just saw this morning on Hats-plus.com a new article called the Henschel Packable hat. It's $35.00, is made of "lightweight crushable materials" (?), has "excellent air-flow", and a three-inch brim. Might be just what you're looking for.

Fivesense

One of the Regulars
I just saw this morning on Hats-plus.com a new article called the Henschel Packable hat. It's $35.00, is made of "lightweight crushable materials" (?), has "excellent air-flow", and a three-inch brim. Might be just what you're looking for.
I have the Henschel crushable Breezer with CoolMax sweatband. The brim materials are polyester, vs. the "Aussie" which claims cotton. Both have the same material mesh for airflow. Both are rated as crushable.

Question- considering that the polyester is mostly the brim, should there be much difference between the Breezer and the cotton Aussie?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy