Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cuenca or Montecristi Poll

Cuenca or Montecristi

• Cuenca

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Montecristi

Votes: 2 100.0%
  • No idea!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Panamabob

Call Me a Cab
Is the hat pictured in the first photo below a Cuenca or a Montecristi? Please feel free to vote and leave your thoughts.

hatlockspicture.jpg

SHARPETOYS

Call Me a Cab
Cuenca all the way. No doubt!!!

A nice Cuenca hat $15.00 to $20.00 street value.

Pay my air fare and I will bring back a few 100! Same Quality or even better. :cheers1: Root Beer

Sharpey

DBLIII

One of the Regulars
Weave looks too open (coarse, big?) for a Montecristi. My eyes don't work very well, but at the crown, it appears that I can see the lines of weave, so that would be maybe 12-15 per linear inch?

Panamabob

Call Me a Cab
Cuenca hat. You can tell by the larger rings of paja out around the brim edge. Also, around the rosetta.

The angry young man who listed the hat on ebay wouldn't provide any more photos. The other's he listed were cropped nicely to only show certain parts of the hat.

Yes, James Lock and Co. is being swindled or they lie. They know the hats aren't real so for sure they are lying now... and I'll go to court if they think I am slandering them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR