Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cufflinks and Shirt Studs.

daizawaguy

Call Me a Cab
another try...
th_Cuffs2.jpg

daizawaguy

Call Me a Cab
Cuffs2.jpg

Larger photo...but for some reason it does not come up...too large? Any way to check this? thanks for any help!

Feraud

Bartender
Bought three pair of snap cufflinks in a local thrift shop.
They were all unsnapped in a pile of jewelry. I had to work up a sweat to match them.
DSC05007.jpg

JEEP

Practically Family
Feraud: Neat! I really like snap-links. Too bad I only have one set, it sems that this type of cufflink wasn't wery popular here in Denmark.

Orgetorix: Beautiful set. Does the box say Swank?

/Jakob

Orgetorix

Call Me a Cab
They're modern in the sense that they're still around today, but they've been at it for a long time.

Today they make cheap stuff for brands like Kenneth Cole, Geoffrey Beene, etc. Stuff you see on the shelves at Filene's Basement, Marshalls, TJ Maxx, Men's Wearhouse, etc.

JEEP

Practically Family
I got this, quite special, pair in the mail yesterday:

Manchetknapper44a.jpg

Manchetknapper44b.jpg

20s or 30s - solid gold. No markings, except from the ones on the box. These are quite interesting, I have never seen a pair like these before. The two halves of the cufflinklink can be pulled from each other, revealing a chain, the chain is attatched to some kind of internal machanism that makes the halves snap together as you release your grip one one of the halves. I have no idea how it works (springs maybe?) - and I'm not going to take the links appart to find out :)
Has anyone seen a pair of cufflinks with the same - or a similar - mechanism?

/Jakob

Feraud

Bartender
JEEP said:
I got this, quite special, pair in the mail yesterday:

Manchetknapper44a.jpg

Manchetknapper44b.jpg

20s or 30s - solid gold. No markings, except from the ones on the box. These are quite interesting, I have never seen a pair like these before. The two halves of the cufflinklink can be pulled from each other, revealing a chain, the chain is attatched to some kind of internal machanism that makes the halves snap together as you release your grip one one of the halves. I have no idea how it works (springs maybe?) - and I'm not going to take the links appart to find out :)
Has anyone seen a pair of cufflinks with the same - or a similar - mechanism?

/Jakob
Those are excellent JEEP! I think Marc Chevalier posted a similar pair a long time ago. You have amassed an excellent collection of links.
My question is, do you get to wear them all? ;)

JEEP

Practically Family
Thank you gentlemen.

The truth is that I don't get to wear them as much as I would like to - but I have made it a habit to wear each pair at least once :)

Regards.

Jakob

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindawalters