Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cufflinks and Shirt Studs.

Flat Foot Floey

My Mail is Forwarded Here
European cufflinks in 1930s adds.

German: Bruno Bader Pforzheim 1930s
baderkatalog007.jpg

French:Au Bon Marché 1934
aubonmarche1934cufflink.jpg

German: Renner Catalogues 1930s
renner1930scufflinks.jpg

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
I'm thinking of having my "regular" dress shirts taken to the tailor to be refitted for cufflinks. (Shouldn't be too hard -- kill the wrist button, and do in a button hole where it used to be.)
Ah, the Single Link Cuff, mostly seen with Formal (White Tie) but occasionally seen with business wear.

BKennedy+with+link+cuffs.JPG

esteban68

Call Me a Cab
Bought these quite cheaply as a lot recently mainly for spares for cufflink repairing/making, the box itself looked ok and there appeared to be a few decent bits in there...so what did I get?
2z7iz4z.jpg

2z4zb03.jpg
mixed lot of shirt studs etc
kajx51.jpg

some celluloid? collar stiffeners
8zqidw.jpg

the rest mixed lot of single links and a couple of useable pairs of links etc
97so0n.jpg

esteban68

Call Me a Cab
Five pairs of old cufflinks mainly 1960's -70's I think but all in pretty decent and certainly wearable condition, I got them last week from a charity shop at a pound a pair.....the lighting in the shop was quite poor and it was only later I realised that the chrome plated/enamelled pair were in fact Sterling silver, also a pair of 'Mulberry' in there too.
2vj53s8.jpg
9bips9.jpg

2vhw29i.jpg
2mrzeqg.jpg

2jbmmns.jpg

Shangas

I'll Lock Up
I purchased these earlier this week for not very much at all (and I got a discount on them!). They look pretty old. I guess they're Mother of Pearl or something.

My guess is that there isn't anything especially incredible about them, but they do look nice.

esteban68

Call Me a Cab
That's pretty much my thoughts about cufflinks Shangas, it's ok having gold and or silver but in reality it's dead easy to loose one.....inexpensive and nice floats my boat, nice find BTW a quick run over with a polishing cloth should see those gleaming.

Shangas

I'll Lock Up
They're not gold. I don't see any hallmarks anywhere. They're probably brass. A buff-up and a treatment with Brasso ought to do the trick. Temporarily, at least. It may not even be worth doing it.

My aunt got these from a thrift store about 20 years ago and gave them to me when I was in Photography school:

I'm not sure if they are very old, but I wear them and love 'em.

Reddogg

New in Town
I love cufflinks. Have a number from my granddad, father and purchased myself. Problem is finding French cuff shirts to wear them with. Have to do vintage or made to order

Anthony Jordan

Practically Family

Not, I think, keepers (not quite my thing) but interesting nonetheless - matched set of torpedo-back cufflinks and "nippy-clip" type tieclip in an eagle design. 1950s, possibly, and I assume US-made. A definite whiff of Madison Avenue about them, I think!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran