Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cufflinks and Shirt Studs.

An Uptown Dandy

New in Town
Cufflinks Galore at The Missing Link

I'm sure many of you probably already know about this little shop, but I wrote a brief post on my blog about a small cufflink shop in the flatiron district here in Manhattan. Lots of vintage art deco stuff and plenty of whimsical novelty stuff as well. Definitely worth dropping by if you're in the neighborhood on a Friday or Saturday.

http://uptowndandy.blogspot.com/2011/06/cufflinks-galore-at-missing-link.html

Flat Foot Floey

My Mail is Forwarded Here
scaled.php

Here are some of mine. I am not able to tell about the age though...

Flat Foot Floey

Thank you Marc
The Kum Aparts are my favourites. Easy to put on, no damge to teh buttonhole and still something special.

I've found only old adds for this kind of cufflinks too
kumapart.jpg
kumapart2.jpg

Flat Foot Floey

Yes. The Art Deco pair on the right would be my favourite but it is very damaged. I think somebody tried to pull it apart by force and warped it. The enamel broke and the cufflinks did begin to rust :-/

I wear the silver and MOP pair most of the time.

Two Types

I'll Lock Up
Here's my rather small collection of cufflinks:

The pair at the front are magnificent. They have a twisted bar which is a wonderful feature, making the cufflink sit rather comfortably. I always look out for other examples but never seem to find any. I am guessing they are from the fifties, maybe earlier?
IMG_0771.jpg

These are modern but are fantastic (although a pain to put on since the bar swivels). They are great with a dinner suit:
IMG_0773.jpg

These are modern, Polish green amber. They are beautiful when the light hits them and its a great colour for autumn:
IMG_0774.jpg

I think these date from the forties:
IMG_0777.jpg

IMG_0778.jpg

Shangas

I'll Lock Up
Beautiful links, Two Types. I like the ones in the bottom photo. The ones in the middle. Very smart.

I have a pair of cufflinks which have the same sort of 'loose' connections that yours do. 9kt gold. I was told they dated from the 1940s as well.

Two Types

I'll Lock Up
Beautiful links, Two Types. I like the ones in the bottom photo. The ones in the middle. Very smart.

I have a pair of cufflinks which have the same sort of 'loose' connections that yours do. 9kt gold. I was told they dated from the 1940s as well.

I'm glad you like them. I found the ones with the chain link in a vintage/junk shop in Liverpool a couple of years back. They were still on the original card - but it was destroyed getting them off the card. As for the ones with the red and blue designs, I got them from a dealer 'The Forties Room' (UK based). She had hundreds of them. i would have bought more but I didn't have much cash on me. Pity.

Shangas

I'll Lock Up
I'd like to introduce the latest pair of cufflinks in my collection, purchased this morning at a local flea-market. They're 9ct gold, ca. 1910:

Loose...
IMG_0375.jpg

Hallmark...
IMG_0373.jpg

In action, front...
IMG_0378.jpg

...back...
IMG_0379.jpg

ecorrigan

Familiar Face
How About Those Cufflinks?!

I love french-cuffed shirts. When I wear one, I get to wear my cufflinks too. I don't often dress up, but I've always been a sucker for a good pair of cufflinks.

The first link is of two sets of cufflinks that my wife gave me. They were her great-grandfathers, and quite possibly were given to him by his father!
http://i1188.photobucket.com/albums/z415/carry24-7-365/IMAG0146.jpg?t=1332392470

The second link here is of some cufflink backs that I bought. I plan on making some of my own. I'll post the pictures of them when I get them completed.
http://i1188.photobucket.com/albums/z415/carry24-7-365/IMAG0147.jpg?t=1332392536

Last edited:

BrooksNYC

New in Town
Before extortionate rents killed small businesses, antique stores were plentiful throughout the East and West Village. The late '60s saw a resurgent interest in Art Deco in the US, and when I found these enamel cufflinks in the early '70s, stores were full of the stuff.

Decocufflinks.jpg

(Scotrace, I took your "Merged" comment to mean it's okay to post to this thread now. It does seem to be the cufflink thread with the most posts. If I'm wrong about that, my apologies.)

Anthony Jordan

Practically Family
Before extortionate rents killed small businesses, antique stores were plentiful throughout the East and West Village. The late '60s saw a resurgent interest in Art Deco in the US, and when I found these enamel cufflinks in the early '70s, stores were full of the stuff.

Decocufflinks.jpg

(Scotrace, I took your "Merged" comment to mean it's okay to post to this thread now. It does seem to be the cufflink thread with the most posts. If I'm wrong about that, my apologies.)

Beautiful links! Is that a green tone I see there?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy