Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cufflinks and Shirt Studs.

Unlucky Berman

One of the Regulars
Thank you Danny. I like those old cufflinks. Since most modern ones just try to imitate the style of long gone days, why should one buy the modern things? Besides the vintage ones are much cheaper today.

Like e.g. this two pairs:

These I got some time ago and they are one of my favorites.
P1030574.jpg

The little ships were my second newest cufflinks.
P1030594.jpg

Danny Ocean

A-List Customer
Thank you Danny. I like those old cufflinks. Since most modern ones just try to imitate the style of long gone days, why should one buy the modern things? Besides the vintage ones are much cheaper today.

Like e.g. this two pairs:

These I got some time ago and they are one of my favorites.
P1030574.jpg

The little ships were my second newest cufflinks.
P1030594.jpg

Berman,

I wholeheartedly agree with you, whilst there are "some" nice modern links around, the vintage ones certainly have more style, and can be a bargain if you look around.

Here's a few of mine:

Cufflinks001.jpg

I tend to go for silver, or silver coloured links, but the first pair you have pictured, are particularly nice.

Cheers,

Danny O

Danny Ocean

A-List Customer
If cost and money is not an issue, i'd certainly recommend you take a look at Cartier and Mont Blanc cufflinks, surely the most exquisite collection of such accessories from these brands.

Hi there,

I've not looked at Cartier, but would definitely agree with you on the Mont Blanc, whose pens I use on a daily basis.

Cheers,

Danny O

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
Cartier and Mont Blanc cufflinks, surely the most exquisite collection of such accessories from these brands.
The MB collection is entirely branded and Cartier is working to that end. I'm just not a big fan of branded accessories. Now, there are some wonderful Cartier links on the vintage market.

1821_5718_med.jpg

catphoto.jpg

Mr Vim

One Too Many
Well, I did not know where else to post this, but this is the closest thread I can apply it to:

The other night I was in the local clothier chatting with the owner when another gentleman came in and inquired about a tie bar, the owner showed him what he had in stock and the gentleman said they were not what he was looking for, he wanted a tie bar... in a last ditch effort, the owner deferred to me in what was a great compliment "I think this gentleman here may be able to help you better than I." After about 10 seconds of questions, I determined he was after a collar clip, and there being none in stock in the store, directed him to several websites where he could buy them.

After the customer had walked out, I thanked the owner, who told me that he often recommended people ask me things anytime they saw me in the store, that they would always recognize me by my hat and well dressed appearance. Truly one of the best compliments I have ever received.

Blackadder

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Check Dunhill and Bvlgari as well. I still remember the Dunhill commercial many years ago. The story was someone dropped one of the cufflinks outdoor in the 1930s or 40s and someone picked it up present day. I went to Harrods to look at that pair. They are covered with mother of pearl with a sapphire in the centre. I think it also has some diamonds on it. They cost like over a thousand pounds back in 1993 but I am not really sure only remember that they were really expensive.
Looked at a pair of platinum Bvlgari with onyx, also too expensive for me.
Anyway, they are just normal off the shelf ones unlike most of those shown here. Those antiques are really nice.

Last edited:

Unlucky Berman

One of the Regulars
Thanks Qirrel. I got all of them in the bay over the last year(s). Some of them were real bargains, but none cost me more than $20-25 including shipping. Most times international shipping is more expensive than the pieces.

That are my only ones with a matching tie clip, also damascened style:
P1030704.jpg

P1030705.jpg

Mr. Garrulus

One of the Regulars
Got myself these today, the cuff-links are supposed to be made of pearl of all mothers. Any idea of the age of these cuff-links and collar studs?

CollarstudsCufflinks.jpg

Yes, plain white is the most discrete...

Trust But Verify

New in Town
I always have a dilemma with cufflinks, shirt studs and metal snaps. I love to wear a vintage stainless steel IWC diver's watch. Metal on metal is not good at the cuff area for my watch. Any ideas for getting the best of both worlds, or am I destined to leave one or the other behind (watch or shirt with cufflinks or metal closures)? Has anyone else thought about this?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy