Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cufflinks and Tie Tacs

Gee, that is a shame. It is unfortunate that crooks do not realize, or maybe they do, that they steal memories not only goods. Many of these are one of a kind items that are hard to replace. They just blasely remove your stuff and thumb their nose at you. It makes me want to punch something. :rage:
I hope you manage to get it back one way or another.

Regards to all,

J

AlanC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
scotrace said:
Have you any photographs of these items? I'm not extremely well-traveled but I do have some good connections to chaps who scour the markets. I'd be happy to help in the hunt.

Just a thought.

Yes, if you have some pictures or could describe them I'm sure something similar and appropriately vintage could be scared up. I'd be glad to keep my eyes open.

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Sadly, no pics...but descriptions of cuff-links..

For future reference guys, if you do have things of value, take pics of them, as it does help the local constabulary when trying to trace them.

My father's mother of pearl ones where hexagonal in shape (so two hexagons, the main central part being mother of pearl, the edges trimmed with old gold. A chain linked the two hexagons to make one cuff-link.

The other was two oval shapes (so slightly squashed circles) in brass, one had enamelled inlays of an ivory boar's head on a dark green enamelled background. The other oval had the brass with inlay of regimental strips (black, white and green). A chain linked the two ovals to make one cuff-link.

Thanks for the support guys.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy